unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: How long to learn a new song? #161240
    unknown-user
    Participant

    That is not a matter of time or hours – there are songs that are pretty easy to learn and you will take just a few days to learn them and others you wont know them after years. It is very hard to tell – it depends how you learn, how concentrated and how many songs at the same time …
    There is no answer for that sorry 🙂

    in reply to: Reading music #161273
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I know exactly where you are coming from I love doing music and i think im pretty good in it but when it comes to read music i am horrible. I can not combine my hand and what i read.
    But it is just a matter of training and i promise it will be better in a few years – but never forget it has to be fun – so play sometimes without reading and you will learn soon that reading is not everything!

    in reply to: Anyone name their harps? #105512
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My Dusty Strings FH32 has been with me for almost sixteen years; her name is Danu, named for one of the primal goddesses of Ireland. There aren’t any stories about her, just some place-names in the south and west of Ireland. But her name is part of the mythical fourth wave of invaders of Ireland, the Tuatha Dé Danann, the Tribe of the Goddess Danu.
    My first harp is named Brigid, a much better-known deity of the Celtic lands.

    in reply to: Harp hurting collar bone #161227
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you, Karen!

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157881
    unknown-user
    Participant
    I have read many many replies re cracked/bleeding finger tips.
    There was one thing that I had not tried. Anti-fungal cream!
    I went to the store and picked up a tube of anti-fungal cream
    for a whopping $1.99. I put it on my fingers (all 6 that were
    cracked, put band aids on and rubber gloves on my hands.
    The next morning I took off everything and my cracks were almost
    completely healed. They were probably anywhere between 75 to 96
    percent healed. Also mentioned numerous times was to wash hands
    with MESSAGE KEY MISSING: '2' (dandruff shampoo). I am now doing that as well.
    Believe me this is the best my finger tips have looked in over
    5 months. Try it - see for yourself. Good Luck
    in reply to: Youtube Symphony Audition #110062
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear harpists,

    well, to give a response to Lynne.
    I am harpist Regina Ederveen and the other one harpist of the last two harp finalists for the YouTube Symphony!

    For me it was a great joy and challenge to record and upload a little video, playing the Haendel Concerto in 3 1/2 minutes…..
    And to my great surprise, the international committee chose me, to be chosen by you, if you are as enthusiastic as I am!

    I really would LOVE to play at Carnegie Hall, the dream of every musician, especially from

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166433
    unknown-user
    Participant

    El joven arpista Athy, único exponente del Arpa Eléctrica en
    nuestro país brindara un concierto especial en el conocido Teatro de “La Casona del Teatro” (Av.
    Corrientes 1975) el próximo 21 de Febrero
    a las 21 hs. (Valor de la Entrada Gral.:
    $30).

    in reply to: Harp hurting collar bone #161225
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks!

    in reply to: Krumpholtz concertos #151737
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There is also a lovely recording of the Sixth concerto, made by Lily Laskine. Maybe it is not digitalized, I have it on the old LP version.

    Regards

    Essi

    in reply to: Master Classes #86111
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I would very much like to have a masterclass with Isabelle Perrin, David Watkins and Susann McDonald.

    in reply to: French to Salzedo #161352
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you Carl

    in reply to: Are Venus Harps as good as Lyon & Healy? #69289
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Pianists and harpists are always in the airport mall of the main terminal. Keep and eye open for us. Stop and say hi.

    in reply to: Are Venus Harps as good as Lyon & Healy? #69288
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, Jerusha:

    I play there three days a week – usually Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I share the space with another harpist. We are either in front of RADIO ROAD or MINNESOTA. Stop by and say hi.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145275
    unknown-user
    Participant

    So, that picture of the harp in the Fit is fairly amazing.

    in reply to: How to play with flat palm? #86144
    unknown-user
    Participant

    No, the technique in the video is called a harmonic and is denoted by a small, unfilled circle above the note. The technique name you are looking for is an étouffez. (also spelled etouffee) The execution of this technique is only possible with the left hand. (as I have learned it) Go

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 5,570 total)