column

Anyone name their harps?

Home Forums Coffee Break Anyone name their harps?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Fairy Reel
    Participant

Greetings, fellow harpists:

I was just wondering: does anyone else name their harps? My first teacher named her two harps and her piano, and I have, too…my

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Hi Fairy Reel,

There was a huge thread already done on this topic…just use the Search box above and type in “harp names” or “names for your harp”…and a bunch of previous posts will pop up…

BTW, my harps’ names are “EmmaAnastasia” (for my Dusty 36S) and

brenda-lee
    Participant

Hi Fairy,

unknown-user
    Participant

My older pedal hp doesn’t have a name.My Thimothy Storm King was named Cate Blanchett because I performed elizabethan music on the first concert with her.My new Venus,very impressive huge sound,was named Waltraud Meier,my favourite wagnerian singer.

Fairy Reel
    Participant

That’s great!! My new pedal harp (I sold Rhiannon)

Janna B.
    Participant

My lap harp is named Nandelle, meaning little harp in elven (as in The Lord of the Rings).

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

My lap harp is named Roisín, which means “little rose” in Irish. I thought it was fitting because it’s made of rosewood, and because it has little rose carvings on it. My new Elysian Hempson 34 is named Elyssa, after Elysian and a character in my favourite book series.

Fairy Reel
    Participant

I have to ask–what is your favorite book series? I love to read!

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

This response comes a little late – I only noticed your question now as I was looking through the threads I’ve replied to.
    My favourite book series is the Deverry series by Katharine Kerr. It’s set in a Celtic fantasy world, and is written so beautifully and with such intricate characters and plots I just love it!

Karen Johns
    Participant

I didn’t know about naming your harp until a fellow harper asked me what I had named mine. Then I decided to go on a soul search to find some fitting names. Decided on Ceriddwen for my 33 string

harp guy
    Participant

I name mine!!!!
    My Prelude is named Penelope, my Musicmaker’s Studio Harp hasn’t decided her name yet…..

Jeffrey Smith
    Participant

My 26 string Blevins Bouree is named Harry and my Merlin R-harp is named Ricardo.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Yes, absolutely, and with the greatest of care. My first Pakistani

Donna O
    Participant

Absolutely,

kay-lister

You know, I’ve thought about the naming of harps and I even sometimes call mine “The Beast” when I start to haul it around. The thing is, giving it a name (just my opinion ofcourse) makes it, if you will, an individual.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.