unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Tuning in C or Eb ? #85971
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am not a pro or teacher, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    unknown-user
    Participant

    I just stumbled on this thread by accident and thought that I should give some more imput as my teacher has given me some recordings since I last posted.

    On Jana Bouskava’s CD Harfa she has all three movements of the Pescetti as well as the Fantasie.

    On Elizabeth Remy’s CD Whirlwind she has all three movements of the Pescetti, the Fantasie AND Whirlwind.

    As mentioned before, on the CD Music

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102333
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The harp factory- why wish for a loaf

    in reply to: The Harp Gathering #161200
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    in reply to: Harp Emergency! #166664
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I don’t think I’d want to do that either but thanks anyway for your advice (I spelled it right this time) I’ll at least keep an eye out for one!!

    in reply to: Recording Your Own “Performance” #161191
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Same Here – I bought an H2 and it’s been fantastic. Because of the limited number of buttons, navigation can be a bit tricky but I just read the instruction manual. It also has a great built-in feature called normalization (I think… I can’t remember right now) which analyses the recorded segment and scales the volume so that the loudest part is equal to 0 dB.

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Dreem Harps #109645
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Crowned with a Ring of Power…or who would dare take on the One Ring…The power to play any music!…”not dark

    in reply to: My First Time #161164
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think it’s possibly, apart from it’s soothing tones, an instrument I really like playing even though I’ve only had it for about 3 weeks or so.

    in reply to: Trying to scam sellers #110111
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I recently lised my Sharpsicle for sale on Craigslist and received 2 scammers wanting me to do an e-check and ship it to them in GA. They were using a email thru hotmail.

    Of course, I told them this was for local delivery only and that I would not ship.

    in reply to: Encounters with Famous people #103109
    unknown-user
    Participant

    In 1978 I worked in the movie Breaking Away and, along with much of that cast and crew, met Cynthia Scheider, who did the editing of the film, and I knew she was the wife of Roy Scheider, who was recently then famous for “Jaws”.

    During an early viewing of a rough cut of the film in New York I met Mr. Scheider, who walked in on a very cold January day wearing an old army fatigue jacket. It was a thrill for me- the movie cast itself was then a bunch of unknown players, but this was Sheriff Brody!

    I was saddened to learn just last night during the Oscars that he had died during the year.

    in reply to: Dreem Harps #109643
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Made of flame proof asbestos materials, so that the onboard natural gas flame unit and pyro-technics launcher does it no damage otherwise.

    http://www.thehearpe.com

    in reply to: The gestation of a harp #155146
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Michael you might try emailing or calling Chris Caswell of Caswell harps and running your

    in reply to: The gestation of a harp #155144
    unknown-user
    Participant

    change your strings by putting the string through the top of the sound board and push enough of the string

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 5,570 total)