harpcolumn

Youtube Symphony Audition

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Youtube Symphony Audition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Han Hsieh
    Participant

YouTube Auditions for First Virtual Symphony Orchestra

helen-rudd
    Participant

Actually the auditions ended a bit ago. The selection process begins soon so make sure to select your pick! I had posted earlier about them, and the lack of harpists who had posted videos. When I posed there was only 1 person! At least now they have quiet a few compared to that.
    Helen

Han Hsieh
    Participant

I got it. It’s voting time now. The topic of this thread should be ” Who you are going to vote for Youtube symphony harpist?”.

So far, I only see 3 girls competing for the harp position. Am I correct?

helen-rudd
    Participant

Hm, Strange there were about 20 up there last week. I guess they must have culled till they had two that the thought were equally good. I see only two up now?
    Helen

Han Hsieh
    Participant

You are right. There are only 2 left in the list now.

Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

Hi everyone! As one of those 2 finalists, may I make a shameless plug for your votes? I love playing in orchestra, and I love NYC, so this was the perfect contest for me! For those of you who don’t know, the winners (on all instruments) go to New York in April for a concert in Carnegie Hall with conductor Michael Tilson Thomas. I hope you enjoy my video.

paul-wren
    Participant

Hi Lynne! I voted for you. Best of luck!

Hi Lynne,

Your playing was excellent! It was so nice to hear your elegant “Lucia” and your confident “Symphonie Fantastique”.

I appreciate the fact that you played such difficult orchestral excerpts that revealed your musical and technical abilities. Orchestral chops cannot be faked and you clearly have them. You also have a calm confidence that only comes from successful experience in the performance arena. I wish you the best of luck and am more than happy to vote for you.

Brava, you deserve to win!

unknown-user
    Participant

Dear harpists,

well, to give a response to Lynne.
    I am harpist Regina Ederveen and the other one harpist of the last two harp finalists for the YouTube Symphony!

For me it was a great joy and challenge to record and upload a little video, playing the Haendel Concerto in 3 1/2 minutes…..
    And to my great surprise, the international committee chose me, to be chosen by you, if you are as enthusiastic as I am!

I really would LOVE to play at Carnegie Hall, the dream of every musician, especially from

Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

Laura, thank you so much for your kind words and vote. I am keeping my fingers crossed (except when I’m playing, of course)!

And Paul, thanks also for your reply and vote! This has been a fun project and it’s exciting to be a finalist.

FYI, voting ends on Sunday and results will be announced on March 2.

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Lynne,

Tried to listen to your audition but “it’s no longer available.” What’s up with that?

Sid

Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

Hi Sid,

I just tried on my Mac, and my husband tried on his PC, and they both worked, so I don’t know what happened with you. My dad had trouble voting last night, but that could be because he’s a bit Internet-phobic! I hope you can get it to work. Thanks for trying!

Lynne

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I went back and tried again, it came up this time.

Both of you did such a great job!

Han Hsieh
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

The tone of your Camac Atlantide

Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

I’ve had my Camac for over 9 years. However, about 4 1/2 years ago it went to France for some warranty work, and they put on a new soundboard at that time. So it’s an older (relatively) Camac with a newer soundboard! I’ve been really happy with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies