rod-c

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Needing advice… #160063
    rod-c
    Participant

    Dana:

    Have you tried the Web sites of the various harp makers? It might be hard to find these clips. They may be scattered about youtube, but that would take a lot of searching through videos.

    Good luck!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Flying Commercial Airlines with a Lever Harp #109100
    rod-c
    Participant

    Mary:

    A friend of mine who worked for the airlines for twenty years says you may be able to ship your harp (well packed in box) on the airline. The harp would

    in reply to: How many people study harp as adults #151606
    rod-c
    Participant

    Eliza:

    If you find any numbers on this, I would love to hear the results of your research.

    I’ve done a bit of research, and all I can find is anecdotal info. I did speak with Mary Jane D’Arville, co-owner of the Virginia Harp Center. She has observed a growth trend in the number of adults taking up the harp once they are adults. She says that is, in part, what has driven the development of so many new harp models in the recent years—more models to accommodate adult students.

    She is also co-organizer of the Beginning in the Middle,

    in reply to: Music by Harpo Marx #109138
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi guys:

    Barbara posted a link with the Guardian Angel piece. This Web site also has

    in reply to: dust cover #109180
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Kay:

    I don’t keep my pedal harp covered; however, I did order a little dust brush from Sylvia Woods. I use it to dust the entire harp.

    in reply to: 1st Photo of my Webster Harp #109186
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Pat:

    Very exciting! I’m sure you are most eager to get your hands on that new harp!!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Practice hour #160213
    rod-c
    Participant

    I aim for an hour a day. Sometimes that’s 30 minutes at a time.

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Fake Books #160251
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi guys:

    Thanks for these recommendations. I will check them out!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: What do you sit upon while playing? #160448
    rod-c
    Participant

    I am a big fan of LH harps, but not their wooden benches (just like ones you are mentioning here.) I bought a wooden bench–walnut to match my harp. It was between $300 and $400 as I recall.

    in reply to: Take me out to the Ballgame–sheet music #160529
    rod-c
    Participant

    Sherry:

    Sorry I am slow to respond. I’ve been away for a few days. Catherine is right, Carrol McClaughlin has copies of Harpo arrangements that Bill Marx transcribed for her.

    in reply to: Take me out to the Ballgame–sheet music #160526
    rod-c
    Participant

    Gena:

    I, too, love

    in reply to: Harp centers #160552
    rod-c
    Participant

    Angela:

    I, too, am in Nebraska. Omaha here. I purchased a lever harp and later a pedal harp–both at Lyon Healy in Chicago. I do believe it is the closest dealer. It is well worth the trip. They also give tours of their factory….and it is neat to see the harps being made.

    As you may know, the flight to Chicago is only about an hour and sometimes SW Airlines has very cheap tickets. You can make the trip in a day. If you have a chance to go, I think you’d find it well worth your time.

    Best,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Replacing String for First Time, Keeps Breaking #160453
    rod-c
    Participant

    Kathleen:

    I’ve been playing 2.5 years, and I still am not good at changing strings. (I’ve gotten so frustrated that I’ve used word I didn’t know I knew!)

    in reply to: Royal Harpist accused of burglary and fraud #109620
    rod-c
    Participant

    I wonder if the Prince is taking applications??

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Harp cars #109580
    rod-c
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 209 total)