column

Harp cars

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp cars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    phoebe-powell
    Participant

I’m wondering if you know a Lyon&Healy 85P would fit in a Toyota Rav4 or a Honda CRV? I’m planning on getting one, but I need to know if my harp will fit in it…

rod-c
    Participant

Phoebe:

There is a thread on this message board that is full of posts/discussions on which vehicle makes the best “harpmobile,” for transporting a harp. However, this site no longer has the search feature, so I’m not sure how you could find those posts.

I don’t know about the Toyta RAV4, but I know the Toyotta Sienna is touted as one of the favorites

rod-c
    Participant

Phoebe:

I just now noticed you were talking about an LH 85P.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

Hi Phoebe,

I have an L&H 85P and a 1996 Rav4.

rod-c
    Participant
    unknown-user
    Participant

Here’s what I did before I bought my car in 2002:

When I bought my current car, the salesman made that offer to me. The thing was, I live about 35 miles from the dealer, and I really didn’t want to drive home, load the harp, unload the harp and drive back all within 3 hours’ time. What I did was measure the length of the back of my Subaru and then measure the length of the back of the Element I was considering. The Element had a couple more inches, so I knew it would work, and it does.

I was told a concert grand will not fit into a CRV. I’m not sure an 85P is any shorter than a full concert grand harp….probably is…..but the CRV doesn’t have too much space in the back compared to some other cars used commonly to haul harps.

Briggsie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.