harpcolumn

Take me out to the Ballgame–sheet music

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Take me out to the Ballgame–sheet music

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gena-mcclure
    Participant

I remember seeing/hearing Harpo play this on an episode of the “I Love Lucy” show.

Sheet Music Plus has a piano version for $3.50. http://www.sheetmusicplus.com

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Patricia, I don’t think this is the version in question. Harpo’s version was full of harmonics, glisses, you know., stuff that makes the harp unique!

rod-c
    Participant

Gena:

I, too, love

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi Rod- Is there a list of arrangements and original pieces written by Bill Marx somewhere? I think the music I’ve heard of his has been underappreciated.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

I could be wrong on this (often am) but I don’t think any of Harpo’s arrangements have been published with the exception of a piece he wrote titled “Guardian Angel.” Carrol McLaughlin has recorded some of Harpo’s arrangements in cooperation with Bill Marx; she may be the only person authorized to do so.
    You may be surprised to know that the company that rents the scripts and music to produce “Animal Crackers” (it was a stage show before it was a movie) will not rent the harp music for Harpo’s solo in the show. They will rent a recording of it so a harpist or someone pretending to play the harp can mime along to the music.
    If you want to play as Harpo did, your best bet may be to find a written arrangement of the piece and put your own embellishments into it. Improvisation can be a great learning experience.

rod-c
    Participant

Sherry:

Sorry I am slow to respond. I’ve been away for a few days. Catherine is right, Carrol McClaughlin has copies of Harpo arrangements that Bill Marx transcribed for her.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies