rod-c

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Some health tips for us maturing “harpists.” #108377
    rod-c
    Participant

    Great thread. I prefer aging to “doesn’t he look natural?”

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Cant’ get enough! #108512
    rod-c
    Participant

    Kay:

    I admire your determination!

    in reply to: What’s your favorite . . .? #108516
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Kay:

    I have two right now. The “harpy” one is The Magic Fountain (arr. by Harry Chalmbers).

    in reply to: Pet Names #108757
    rod-c
    Participant

    My dog’s name is Lucy. I just love her.

    in reply to: How close? #159633
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Kay:

    in reply to: What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping? #108661
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hello:

    in reply to: Harp/Music Therapy Programs #159707
    rod-c
    Participant

    Micheala:

    I won’t be very helpful, but I know there are several such programs. I’ve seen

    in reply to: YouTube Video #4 #108828
    rod-c
    Participant

    John and Christian:

    Thanks for enlightening me about this technique! I learned something today!

    Cheers,

    Rod

    in reply to: YouTube Video #4 #108824
    rod-c
    Participant

    Christian:

    Beautifully done! So much expression.

    Question: you were playing a pedal harp…..but a couple of times you reached up to the neck with your left hand as if you were flipping levers. What were you doing with your left hand?

    Thanks for posting!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Things to Be Thankful For #108856
    rod-c
    Participant

    I am grateful for many things, too. I am especially grateful for learning to the play the harp. I started lessons three years ago. Always having been somewhat of a work-a-holic, my “harp journey” has been one of the nicest things I have ever done for myself. I’ve grown richer from learning to play beautiful music

    in reply to: WARNING TO HARPISTS! GLUE GUNS! #108849
    rod-c
    Participant

    Steven:

    Ouch!

    in reply to: Harpo “take me out to the ballgame” sheet music #108905
    rod-c
    Participant

    Gena:

    I like that piece, too. I don’t think it is available. Harpo’s son Bill arranged that piece for him; I don’t believe it was ever published. Bill Marx told me he does not have a copy of it.

    I would like to find someone who could transcribe the piece.

    Best,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: BBR Woodworks #159897
    rod-c
    Participant

    Lauren:

    I have a harp bench from BBR Woodworks. (One of the comments you read may have been mine.)

    in reply to: I Admit It #109031
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Saul:

    I’m with you–Harpo was my inspiration. Somewhere in my childhood I saw a rerun of an I Love Lucy episode that featured Harpo playing Take Me Out to the Ball Game. I was hooked; although it took me a few years to act on the inspiration. I’ve been an adult student for three years now.

    Carol McLaughlin, professor of harp in AZ, tells me she’s met people all around the world who were insipred by Harpo. Have you read Harpo’s book, Harpo Speaks? You might enjoy it. He did quite well for himself, having dropped out of school in second grade…and went on to entertain heads of state with his

    in reply to: frustrated with prices #160002
    rod-c
    Participant

    Dana:

    I don’t know the ins and outs of the exchange rate in money between Canda and the U.S.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 209 total)