harpcolumn

Fake Books

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Fake Books

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rod-c
    Participant

Can anyone recommend one of the fake books containing pop music for pedal harp?

Thanks,

Rod C.

Rod, Lyon and Healy publishes Easy Fake Book for Lever Harp by Louise Trotter, easily filled out by a pedal harp player, given the good chord symbols printed in the popular selections. Another fake book I like is not popular music, but: The Classical Fake Book published by Hal Leonard Corp., $19.95,

unknown-user
    Participant

Ray Pool has some fake books as well:

I have two fake books that might fit your bill.

rod-c
    Participant

Hi guys:

Thanks for these recommendations. I will check them out!

Rod C.

tony-morosco
    Participant

The Hal Leonard company puts out a ton of decent fake books in many genres.

Three I have that are easy to work from and have a lot of good pop music are

The Easy Fake Book

The Simplified Fake Book

Your First Fake Book

Deborah O.
    Participant

Tony…..I would like to ask you if the Celtic Fake book you have has a lot of songs with accidentals?

I do have some other Fake books and just love them but some songs have a lot of accidentals and I don’t like having to switch levers during a song if I can help it so I don’t play those songs at all.

If the Celtic Fake book doesn’t have too many I may consider purchasing that one too….so I would appreciate your opinion on that.

Thanks!
    Deborah

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Hi Deborah,

I also have the Celtic Fake Book and it was the “best” investment I ever made in a music book! hardly any “lever flipping” within songs, and they are mostly in the keys of “G” and “D”…..I’ve used this book over and over again, and have gotten many compliments on the songs…..

tony-morosco
    Participant

I checked through it because there are just so many tunes in it I haven’t even learned a fraction of them yet.

The vast majority have no accidentals. A few do but they are a definite minority.

It is a great book.

Deborah O.
    Participant

Tony & Gloria…….Thanks so much for the info on the Celtic Fake Book. I think I will put that one on my “Must Have” list. I am still researching more Fake Books that have few accidentals.

Deborah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics