rod-c

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp cars #109578
    rod-c
    Participant

    Phoebe:

    I just now noticed you were talking about an LH 85P.

    in reply to: Harp cars #109577
    rod-c
    Participant

    Phoebe:

    There is a thread on this message board that is full of posts/discussions on which vehicle makes the best “harpmobile,” for transporting a harp. However, this site no longer has the search feature, so I’m not sure how you could find those posts.

    I don’t know about the Toyta RAV4, but I know the Toyotta Sienna is touted as one of the favorites

    in reply to: Playing after shoulder injury #160714
    rod-c
    Participant

    Zen:

    I am happy to share my experience with you. I don’t know if it will help. Three yeras ago I had a pretty rough bicycle accident–broken collar one and separated shoulder (meaning my ligments were ruptured–torn away from the bone.) I have had three surgeries and about 7 months (total) of physical rehab (and six months of pain medications).

    After the first surgery, my arm was in a sling for 7 weeks–I lost all strength and range of motion.

    in reply to: L&H Ogden owners unite #160892
    rod-c
    Participant

    CP:

    Two friends of mine recently bought Ogdens. They are thrilled with them—they like both the sound and the ease with which they can move them around!!

    Glad you’re happy with yours!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: String Popping…a record? #109757
    rod-c
    Participant

    David:

    My harp teacher plays a lot of weddings. About a year ago, she was playing for a wedding and had a pedal rod break about 5 minutes before the processional. She played the Bridal March an octive higher and said no one seemed to notice.

    Question: do harpists ever suffer eye injuries from strings popping? I’ve never heard much of anything about this…so I am assuming eye injuries not common.

    Best,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: sharing my overwhelming joy ! #160906
    rod-c
    Participant

    Mel:

    Cudos to you for following your dream. Two of my friends of Ogdens..and you’re right, they are fine harps. Lovely sound!

    Onward!
    Rod C.

    in reply to: going once, going twice, SOLD! #109518
    rod-c
    Participant

    You go, Kay!

    in reply to: Harp Retreats/Seminars/Workshops #160965
    rod-c
    Participant

    Jean:

    http://www.midwestharpfestival.org/

    The Midwest Harp Festival, in Oklahoma is excellent. (Summer 2009)

    I’ve also heard good things about Beginning in the Middle, which is held in Virginia

    http://www.beginninginthemiddle.com/

    in reply to: How do you know if you should quit? #160512
    rod-c
    Participant

    Gillian:

    I’m a newcomber to the harp–been playing and taking lessons for just over two years. (I didn’t read music at all when I started.) So…I’m no expert…but it’s my understanding that not everyone can sight read well…regardless of how long you have been playing.

    in reply to: 2nd Lesson Yesterday #161026
    rod-c
    Participant

    Finona:

    You’re off an running! Yes, knowing how to read music gives you a great head start!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Seeking Autumn Leaves Arrangment #110015
    rod-c
    Participant

    Thank you for these recommendations. I have ordered the one for pedal harp.

    Best regards,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Chatting here ————————————- #109797
    rod-c
    Participant

    Mr. S.:

    I don’t know the answer other than it does require additional technology for a site to have chat capability. Some people post videos on youtube, which offers a chance to see/hear others play.

    Best,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: The Harp Gathering #161199
    rod-c
    Participant

    Pat:

    These events are usually very enjoyable. Harpists seems to be a nice lot of people!!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Please celebrate with me today….. #110087
    rod-c
    Participant

    Christian:

    Congratulations!

    in reply to: How long to learn a new song? #161237
    rod-c
    Participant

    Anna:

    I, too, have been taking lessons for just over two years, and I have noticed how long it takes to polish a piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 209 total)