harpcolumn

Practice hour

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Practice hour

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Harp Lee
    Participant

How many hours do you practice on harp per day?

harpglo-jean
    Participant

I practice one hour, that’s it for me….

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I’m doing three to four… it has taken a toll on my social life though. But I love it!

unknown-user
    Participant

Usually 2-3 hours per day during the summer 🙂 but sometimes only 20 mins during school :(. It varies a lot with my motivation, the pieces I am playing, and how well I am doing. I have certainly practiced at least 5 hours in one day, but there are some days where I don’t practice at all. This inconsistent practice works better for more advanced players because the more advanced you are, the more you can make out of short practice times. I can usually make up for lost time pretty quickly by practicing harder, but when you are still a beginner, this will not do. consistent practice is a must, but only a half hour at the beginning, and later on an hour.

~Sam

Simona Millham
    Participant

I usually do 2 or 3 x 30 minute sessions per day.

kay-lister

I practice 3-4 hours a day.

Karen Johns
    Participant

It varies according to my work schedule, but I usually try to get in 30 min. before and after work. On my days off I have been known to spend 4-6 hours (broken up) at the harp.

Karen

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I try for about a hour, but often I’ll feel a strain on my back or neck. I stop right away when that happens.

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I try my best to practice one hour each day. I have studies which require a lot of hours of work every day, I’ve got my job and my writing, too, so maybe once a week or so I don’t have the time to or just feel too tired to practise. Like today, I don’t feel musical at all 🙁

rod-c
    Participant

I aim for an hour a day. Sometimes that’s 30 minutes at a time.

Rod C.

Anna Lea

I have been taught that in order to make progress I need to practice an hour a day, to just hold

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Also, does anyone else have times when you go to practice and your hands act like they’ve never touched a harp before? I actually have had to NOT play for several days. Then all of a sudden I’ll be back to normal.

David Ice
    Participant

I was playing 2nd harp with the Phoenix Symphony one day, and I turned to Karen (first harp) and asked her, “Do you ever have days when you feel like you’ve never seen a note of music in your life, and you have no idea how to play this thing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.