Practice hour

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Harp Lee on #160204

How many hours do you practice on harp per day?

Participant
    harpglo-jean on #160205

I practice one hour, that’s it for me….

Spectator
    Sid Humphreys on #160206

I’m doing three to four… it has taken a toll on my social life though. But I love it!

Participant
    unknown-user on #160207

Usually 2-3 hours per day during the summer 🙂 but sometimes only 20 mins during school :(. It varies a lot with my motivation, the pieces I am playing, and how well I am doing. I have certainly practiced at least 5 hours in one day, but there are some days where I don’t practice at all. This inconsistent practice works better for more advanced players because the more advanced you are, the more you can make out of short practice times. I can usually make up for lost time pretty quickly by practicing harder, but when you are still a beginner, this will not do. consistent practice is a must, but only a half hour at the beginning, and later on an hour.

~Sam

Participant
    Simona Millham on #160208

I usually do 2 or 3 x 30 minute sessions per day.

kay-lister on #160209

I practice 3-4 hours a day.

Participant
    Karen Johns on #160210

It varies according to my work schedule, but I usually try to get in 30 min. before and after work. On my days off I have been known to spend 4-6 hours (broken up) at the harp.

Karen

Participant
    Pat Eisenberger on #160211

I try for about a hour, but often I’ll feel a strain on my back or neck. I stop right away when that happens.

Participant
    renate-kvalsvik on #160212

I try my best to practice one hour each day. I have studies which require a lot of hours of work every day, I’ve got my job and my writing, too, so maybe once a week or so I don’t have the time to or just feel too tired to practise. Like today, I don’t feel musical at all 🙁

Participant
    rod-c on #160213

I aim for an hour a day. Sometimes that’s 30 minutes at a time.

Rod C.

Anna Lea on #160214

I have been taught that in order to make progress I need to practice an hour a day, to just hold

Participant
    Pat Eisenberger on #160215

Also, does anyone else have times when you go to practice and your hands act like they’ve never touched a harp before? I actually have had to NOT play for several days. Then all of a sudden I’ll be back to normal.

Participant
    David Ice on #160216

I was playing 2nd harp with the Phoenix Symphony one day, and I turned to Karen (first harp) and asked her, “Do you ever have days when you feel like you’ve never seen a note of music in your life, and you have no idea how to play this thing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.