Pat Eisenberger

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: which harp for traditional music #159269
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Have you gone to any of the Harp Therapy web pages? I have no experience in this, but it looks like therapy harps are much smaller than a harp you would use in church. Also, there seems to be a whole science behind the sound a harp makes for therapy. It’s something that I’ve thought about looking into also. I would suggest striking up an email conversation with someone who does this work – and I know that several at this forum do.

    I’ve thought about finding a program to work through, and if successful, I thought I’d buy a harp specially built for therapy work. But the programs can be long and pricey, so I have to hold off for now.

    in reply to: I am in Harp Heaven!! #107950
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    How exciting! It sounds like your harp is going to absolutely stunning!

    in reply to: Worked on a mandolin #108338
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Liam –

    Ever hear of “MacGuyver?” You’ve just crossed over into level 5 of MacGuyvership…Congratulations!

    in reply to: New Harp Arrives Today!!! #108293
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I haven’t seen any sound clips on the web, but if you contact Bill Webster I think he has a CD he could send you.

    The sound of this harp is amazingly loud and full. It’s volumn is at least as much as my L&H Style 85, but the bass is deeper and rounder sounding. The upper registers are more bell-like, but not was much as Bill’s Cecilia model.

    in reply to: Lyon & Healy Prelude 40 #74684
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I had a Prelude, and it was a wonderful harp. It made the transition to pedal harp very, very simple. Great sound, too!

    in reply to: Stix and strings. and other things! #108404
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    The harp is just the latest path on my creative journey. I’ve been into photography for years, and that has branched out to computer graphics and design. Before that it was crochet, knitting, and wood turning. Before that it was music arranging and composition. But right now all I do is occasional photography, graphic design, quilt and

    in reply to: Which teacher would you choose? #108442
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I took a workshop with Frank Voltz. I think he has some great teaching techniques and would like to study with him!

    in reply to: Olympic Harps!!! #108412
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Since they didn’t show her, I thought they were playing her recording!

    in reply to: Olympic Harps!!! #108409
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    There were some very nice elements to it. I really enjoyed k.d. lang and the “whales.” But I also wondered what the lever harp was used for, because there was never anyone sitting at it…

    in reply to: question for those who own more than one harp #108482
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I have

    in reply to: Techie Question #74792
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    That does sound great!

    Here’s another hi-tech toy I’d love to have – a electronic music stand.

    Gizmo

    in reply to: Webster McFall or R-Harps Merlin? #74786
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Listening to samples on the internet seems to be tricky. I know that my computer speakers are not good. If you contact Bill, I believe he may have a CD of the McFall he can send you.

    I can tell you that my McFall actually has more volumn than my L&H Style 85GP pedal harp. And I know what you mean about the “something special” about the McFall. Bill based the design on a 100 year old James McFall harp he has. It has a ancient, Celtic feel that really touched my Scottish/Irish heart!

    Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

    in reply to: Webster McFall or R-Harps Merlin? #74783
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I brought my Webster McFall home last November. The tone on mine is rich and full – not at all metallic.

    in reply to: Salvi Ana for beginners? #159373
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I had a L&H Prelude, which I believe is the same as the Ana. There was no difference in the spacing and tension of the strings when I moved to the L&H Style 85 pedal harp. I think you’ve chosen great harps if you want to go with the Salzedo method.

    in reply to: Free harp music #108503
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Your arrangements look lovely! I can’t wait to try them out. Thanks so much.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 190 total)