Pat Eisenberger

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Camac or Truitt Sharping Levers #74066
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I have Camacs, and I agree that the look is not as pretty as the Truitts. But I like the way they work.

    Wish there was a hybrid Camac lever that was a touch smaller because mine are really crammed together in spots.

    in reply to: Harp, broken AC #158969
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    What did harpists do in the centuries before AC?

    in reply to: Lever Harp longevity #73764
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Hi Ann –

    One thing that the harp makers here might be able to tell you for certain – but I was told that the older a harp is, the sweeter the sound. My harps are new, so I haven’t experienced this yet. I can tell you that my teacher has one of the first L&H Troubadores, and still gives lessons on it.

    I believe that there are many harp makers that make models in your price range. Happy hunting!

    in reply to: Harp Car #106880
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    My Chevy HHR will just barely hold a L&H Style 85 PG. The price is right, and the case mileage is incredible!

    in reply to: harper or harpist? #108130
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Personally I refer to myself as a “harper,” but that is mainly because I play Celtic music almost exclusively. My lever harp is also very Irish in appearance.

    When you say “harpist” I think that most people envision a pedal harp. While I currently also have a pedal harp, it’s not the one I take out in public.

    in reply to: Bounty program: 85GP vs. Chicago CG #74196
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I bought a Prelude from Vanderbuilt Music (located in the Midwest) several years ago. I had it about three years when I traded it in for a Style 85GP. Vanderbuilt was wonderful to work with. My Style 85GP is a great harp with a rich, full sound, and the volume is exceptional. But my tastes in music have turned to Celtic and I wanted a harp I could transport myself.

    in reply to: My Harp came today! – Meet “Gilligan!” #108041
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Oh! the carving is just gorgeous! Even without the cleaning, Gilligan has great personality! How does he sound?

    in reply to: Tomorrow my harp comes! #108169
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Congrats, Sherry! Please post pictures of Gilligan when your fingers get to sore to play!

    in reply to: There’s a harp at the state dinner. #108182
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Looks like a older model. Reminds me of my teacher’s old Wurlitzer. Anyone know what it is?

    in reply to: The Harp Gathering – Sauder Village, Ohio #159224
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Hi Holly –

    Of course the McFall is coming with me. I can’t wait to show it off!!!!!

    in reply to: The Harp Gathering – Sauder Village, Ohio #159221
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I’ll be there. I went last year, and my husband said that I was walking three feet off the ground when I came home. I’ve been looking forward to attending again for the past year! You can read about my experience in my blog at The Celtic American

    in reply to: Why do you play the harp? #102532
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    It was the autumn of the year 2000, and my husband and I were on our annual visit to the
    Michigan Renaissance Festival. It was the weekend of our 25th Wedding
    Anniversary. We were spending the day browsing through the shops,
    watching the shows, and listening to music. The day was warm, clear and
    bright and the atmosphere of the festival was colorful. We were walking
    down a lane of shops when the breeze blew a gust of magic in my
    direction.

    The “magic” came to me in the form of a song played
    on a Celtic harp. I had no choice but to follow it. I sat on a bench outside of the harpmaker’s shop and could not move as long as the harper played. I have been living under an enchantment ever since.

    in reply to: My “Axe” #108308
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I’ve had one nibble, and one offer to rent. I’m in no hurry, though.

    in reply to: My New McFall harp has arrived! #159257
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Congrats again, Carol. And welcome to the Webster McFall family! I wonder how many of us are out there?

    in reply to: Considering Selling Pedal Harp #74553
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Well, the harp is listed in the classifieds here, on Craig’s list, and I’ve contact a couple of the local teachers. Got one nibble already, but from Georgia, and I’m in Michigan.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 190 total)