Pat Eisenberger

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Clement Cross Strung #73379
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Try this link to the photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2066235&id=1112052889&l=da20d51b99

    This is not your typical cross-strung harp. The pedals and what I assume are dampening paddles at the tops of the strings are the difference from ordinary cross-strungs.

    Let’s see if I can insert a picture here. (This doesn’t work most times for me…)

    in reply to: Harp-pooned! #73462
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Congrats, Ann! I know you’ll be happy with your new harp for years to come. But you’re right about coveting other harps. Even though I have my harp love of my life, I look at others and think…what if? I believe I could own a half dozen or so, if my wallet permitted!

    in reply to: Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons #155691
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I was rather impressed with the sound of the carbon fiber harps. I saw Dave at a workshop, and he explained how it was made. He even said he wanted to have a picture taken of it being played in a river! I asked him if a “nick” in a painted harp could be repaired – he said “yes” and that I could take it to an auto body shop for paint repairs… He then preceded to lift one in the air about two feet and drop it. It bounced a little but was solidly intact. Impressive!

    in reply to: Congratulations Leslie! #158427
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    So happy to hear that your harp arrived! We would love to see some photos!

    in reply to: My New harp is on it’s way! #158473
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    On harp names – I picked out a female name for my Style 85 before it arrived and spent a couple of weeks calling it that. Then one day I walked through the music room, looked at the stately harp and the name “Elrond” popped into my head. It’s almost like it named itself!

    Can’t wait to hear that your new harp has arrived!

    in reply to: Just received some happy news…….. #158562
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Hi Leslie! Welcome to the sisterhood/brotherhood of Webster harp owners. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we had a harp “reunion” one day? We could have it in Detroit where Bill’s shop is (and me!).

    Can’t wait to hear about your reaction when your new harp arrives…

    in reply to: Harp Gathering @ Sauder Village #158645
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I blogged from The Harp Gathering in 2009 and 2010. The 2010 blog is at The Celtic American.

    There are several posts. The 2009 Harp Gathering is at 2009 Harp Gathering

    in reply to: Where Have You Played Your Harp? #107663
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I’ve played in a run-down shopping mall at Christmas time with a red kettle for the Salvation Army. One of the best experiences of my life!

    in reply to: Newbie #158789
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I don’t know if you want to just play casually, or if your first harp will be a stepping stone on a longer journey. I got my first harp before I had a teacher. I called the list of teachers the harp maker gave me that day, and the one I chose advised me not to begin playing until my first lesson. Your teacher can then instruct you in the fundamentals before you get into any bad habits. If you don’t have too long before you begin lessons, you can tune your harp every day. If it’s brand new, you can even tune it a couple of times a day.

    That said, if you don’t want to wait I think that many people will recommend Pamela Bruner’s books. You can find them at:
    Heartland Harps

    Congrats on your first harp!

    in reply to: Carbon Fiber Concert Harps….Please soon! #68413
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I know that this discussion is about carbon fiber pedal harps, but this past spring Dave Woodworth of Heartland Harps told everyone about the process involved in creating his carbon fiber lever harps. The cost was incredible. The first time I heard it last year I didn’t think it rang out enough. Either my ear has changed, or he’s done something to change the sound because I really liked it this year. He’s now developed a way to paint them, so that you don’t have to stick with the standard black model. If I could afford to get another harp, I think this would be the one.

    in reply to: Yet another new harper! #158890
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Welcome, Hannes!

    I see that you’ve fallen under the enchantment of the harp just like I did. I’ve played many instruments in my life, but the harp gets a hold on you like nothing else. How exciting that you will be building your own harp! Please post pictures of the progress you make.

    in reply to: Hello…from another newbie! #158881
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    Welcome, Leslie!

    Not only to the Harp Column Forum, but to the growing family of Webster Harp owners. I brought my McFall home last November. His shop is minutes away from my house. He’s a wonderful fellow to do business with. Has be begun work on your harp yet? If so, has he sent you any pictures of the work in progress?

    in reply to: Your favorite kind of music to play? favorite pieces? #106370
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I love to play anything Celtic – lately my favorites have been Scottish. The older the better!

    in reply to: on the search for my first pedal harp #158974
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    My teacher is well under 5 feet tall, and plays a full size concert harp (L&H Salzedo). Perhaps it’s a bit like the time she told me that my hands would “stretch.” At first I could span only 7 strings – now I can span 9. Perhaps your shoulder muscles will stretch the more you attempt to reach. A teacher should be able to tell you if they have experienced this with any student.

    Best of luck in your harp search!

    in reply to: Camac or Truitt Sharping Levers #74068
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

    I should say that that depends on the size of your harp. If you have 30 strings, the reach should be fine. If you have 44, the reach to the last string could be a stretch.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 190 total)