column

Webster McFall or R-Harps Merlin?

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Webster McFall or R-Harps Merlin?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne A
    Participant

Hi everyone, I am completely new to this forum and the harping world,

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I brought my Webster McFall home last November. The tone on mine is rich and full – not at all metallic.

Suzanne A
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Pat, and I admit I am more and more tempted by the Webster McFall, although the only sound samples I have

Jeffrey Smith
    Participant

Hi Suzanne!

I’ve never played the Webster McFall but I have owned a Merlin for two years now and I love it. I first heard it a harp tasting at Somerset and it had me from the beginning. It has a very full, rich sound and a brightness to the upper strings. Rick Rubarth is great to work with, too. Best of luck in your search for the right harp.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Listening to samples on the internet seems to be tricky. I know that my computer speakers are not good. If you contact Bill, I believe he may have a CD of the McFall he can send you.

I can tell you that my McFall actually has more volumn than my L&H Style 85GP pedal harp. And I know what you mean about the “something special” about the McFall. Bill based the design on a 100 year old James McFall harp he has. It has a ancient, Celtic feel that really touched my Scottish/Irish heart!

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Minnesota Harpist
    Participant

Suzanne- I just ordered my McFall a couple of weeks ago, so am excitedly (and impatiently/patiently) waiting for it to be built!

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

The Merlin R-Harp

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

I meant, in the above post, the overall sound *NOT* being too mushy!

Suzanne A
    Participant

Thank you very much to all for answering my post. I am still looking but also I am realising that getting a harp of that quality might just be a bit too early for me at the moment. But I am definitely keeping all comments for future reference! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

S.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.