Salvi Ana for beginners?

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #159371

I am brand new to the world of harps, and have yet to start my first lesson.

Participant
    brook-boddie on #159372

Brittney,

Those are all great harps.

Participant
    Pat Eisenberger on #159373

I had a L&H Prelude, which I believe is the same as the Ana. There was no difference in the spacing and tension of the strings when I moved to the L&H Style 85 pedal harp. I think you’ve chosen great harps if you want to go with the Salzedo method.

Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #159374

Just a word on the Prelude.

Participant
    harp guy on #159375

If you are looking at the Ana, I would give the L&H Prelude a look too. The 40 string model is rather nice. I personally have a 38 string Prelude (and it has a sound like you wouldn’t believe), but the 40 string model is definitely better than the majority of the 38 string models. From what I have played between the Ana and the Prelude models, the Prelude tends to be a little bit “brighter” in sound, but this is certainly not the rule.

My only caution about the Ogden is that it is really short. You would probably have to sit on a really low footstool to have it at the proper height. I personally prefer the sound of the Prelude over both the Troubadour and the Odgen, but that is just my personal taste.

Regardless, you have chosen very fine instruments to get started with. And don’t be intimidated by an instrument. In all reality, it’s just wood and sheep guts. Nothing to be afraid of. 😉

jennifer-buehler on #159376

You can get legs for the Ogden in two different lengths.

Participant
    Robin Dorer on #159377

I

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.