HBrock25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: My Harp came today! – Meet “Gilligan!” #108047
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Love a decor soundboard “circle style” look like

    in reply to: Salvi Heather stringing #74080
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I bought a used 12 y/o Salvi Heather last year. I’m not sure why there are so many wires. I use a Prelude in my lessons and I’m beginning to think I prefer the sound of gut, at least in the upper 5th octave. However, my teacher liked the fact that the Heather has so many wires,

    HBrock25
    Participant

    Look at arrangements by Ray Poole.

    in reply to: Harp Car #106878
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Sharon

    Yes, please send me a copy of your list. My wife and I are in the midst of finding a new harp hauler.

    My email is nwspike at gmail dot com

    Thanks!

    in reply to: Who is Poenitz? #150032
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hello everyone from Italy. I would like to inform you that since May is available the new CD “Poenitz – Works for Harp” beautifully played by a talented harpist named Laura Vinciguerra. This relase include several world premiere recordings like (amongst the others) the magnificent “Nordische Ballade” and a impressive “Capriccio Op. 73 for Harp and Clarinet”. As far as I know this is the first and only recording totally dedicated to this composer. You can find in Amazon and several other CD store in Brilliant Classics catalogue #9179.

    http://www.amazon.com/Poenitz-Works-Harp-Franz/dp/B003H2E342

    More infos on Franz Poenitz here:

    http://www.franz-poenitz.de/

    More info on Laura Vinciguerra here:

    http://www.lauravinciguerra.com

    in reply to: Salzedo Harp Registry #74191
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I know that Marjorie Call, my teacher, had a Salzedo harp. She has passed and I don’t what happened to her harps.

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157893
    HBrock25
    Participant

    About six months ago I started getting dried, cracking, thumb, index and middle fingers on both hands. I tried everything and then started using jock itch anti fungal cream three times a day. Just a dab. Two weeks and my fingers are normal. What a relief.

    in reply to: Looking for harpist’s I’ve known… #150117
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Dear John–

    YES, I am somewhere! Specifically, in Australia! I have only recently been forced to admit that computers are here to stay so I had to haul off and get one and learn how to use it. (sort of). So I may have

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150201
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Everybody knows this song as the Princess Bride (wich is the movie) but it the original name of the song is Story Book Love and it was written by Willy DeVille. You can find it on the record Miracle (1994 Raven records) wich was produced by Mark Knopfler. I don’t know if the record is still available in the Usa. I don’t know about the sheet muscic either but I can imagine that anyone with a little understanding of music will be able to write the chords and notes down when listening to the song. Good luck everybody.

    in reply to: how often to change strings #159042
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I dont even have a harp yet so this is not really an answer to you.

    I have 20 years of acoustic guitar experience. And from that experience I can only say “YES” It matter most of all!

    The strings on guitars last not more than 6 months at most. After that the tone on the strings are rather dead. But it depends on which strings you have of course. Many of my friends change strings after every gig. (that would be expensive on the harp)

    The biggest impact on soundquality from my experience on guitars is:

    1. Strings
    2. Shape of guitarbody
    3. Kind of wood the instrument were built, etc.

    And that is not only my opinoin either.

    Its going to be interesting to hear what experienced harp players say 🙂

    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hello Sweden :-)! Sorry to be inpolite, but here comes a Swedish reply:

    Mattias, har du kollat nordic harps? http://www.nordicharps.se
    För ett Ã¥r sedan köpte jag en Balder (which really is a “Voyageur” built from a MusicMakers kit) av Sally Sehlin, och jag är mycket lycklig med den- har ett verkligt magiskt ljud för överkomligt pris (jämfört med dem du tittar pÃ¥! :-), och framför allt- kan provspelas här i hemlandet.
    Jag blev dock väldigt förvÃ¥nad över att det kan vara sÃ¥ stor skillnad mellan dessa byggsatsindivider, millimeteridentiska och i samma träslag… Alla hennes harpor lät vackert, men att jag köpte just denna modell berodde pÃ¥ att just det exemplaret sjöng som det gjorde (hade egentligen siktet inställt pÃ¥ en annan modell). SÃ¥ alltsÃ¥- provspela, vilket märke du än satsar pÃ¥!
    Kanske tänker du dig ett par strÃ¥n vassare och dyrare… men jag kan inte lÃ¥ta bli att tipsa!
    Happy harping and shopping :-)!

    in reply to: What do you all use for harp seats? #74260
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Carol,
    U can go through this link http://www.aeron-chair.org/. It may help to you…

    Smith

    in reply to: Bellas lullaby – twilight #166458
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi! I thought I should let you know that River flows in you is a composition for piano by Yiruma (a very famous South Korean pianist and composer). I believe the Bella’s Lullaby is composed by someone else. But anyways, since River flows in you is a piano piece you can EASILY play it on harp! I’ll be more than happy to e-mail you the piano sheet music and you can mark the pedal changes, etc. Or you can simply type Yiruma river flows in you in google and free pdf file should come up. I love almost all of Yiruma’s compositions! It’s so melodic and beautiful. Good luck!!!

    in reply to: How old were you when you started playing the harp? #166215
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I started lever harp when I was 8. When I was 13 I started taking lessons from a pedal harpist. I had to change a lot of my bad habits and relearn some things. Before you play an instrument, be sure and find a really good teacher (I agree with Saul and Anne). That way you will learn to play well from the very beginning and won’t have to retrace your steps.

    in reply to: Sheet Music #166464
    HBrock25
    Participant

    You can check this link for Camille Saens’ music :

    http://www.myliszt.com/index.php?searchstr=Camille+Saint+Saen&sheet=on&download=on

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 365 total)