Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
HBrock25
ParticipantAlthough I am not a harpist, I discovered your forum while running a
HBrock25
ParticipantLooking into a new car to transport my Salzedo.. Does anyone know which models both easily transport CGs and get good mileage? I currently drive a 1993 Volvo 960 Wagon, but it’s falling apart. I like the ease of loading the harp into a station wagon, but am looking at all different types of vehicles. Thanks for your input!
HBrock25
ParticipantI think most of us experience this nervousness to some degree.
HBrock25
ParticipantMy aunt bought one from him and had loved it. No one else in my family can play and would like to sell it. for a fair deL. IT IS THE 45″ tall version with 30 strings. anyone interested just e-mail
April 23, 2010 at 2:33 pm in reply to: What was your favourite (beginner/low intermediate level) music book? #159130HBrock25
ParticipantFriou and Woods books as already mentioned are favourites.
I’ve just received and had a quick play through “Folk Harp with a friend” arr. by Patricia Jaeger. I wanted simple music to play with other ‘beginner +’ instrumentalists, and this looks wonderful. Classic Irish tunes, and can accommodate varying degrees of skill.HBrock25
ParticipantWell People I believe I found a cure for my problem, I suffered with dry, cacked and bleeding fingertips for about 3 years till a pharmasist recommended Prevex Protectant cream, after about 5 applications, skin cleared up quick and havent had a problem with my fingers in at least 6 months. LOL the tube says 200 applications s I only have 195 applications left. I WOULD RECCOMEND YOU GIVE IT A TRAY BUT NOT SURE IF ITS AVAILABLE ELSEWARE BUT i KNOW YOU CAN GET IT IN TORONTO, ITS WORTH THE TRAVEL HERE.
HBrock25
ParticipantHow beautiful you AND your harp are!
HBrock25
ParticipantBonjour,
Could you please udate the link to http://www.geocities.com/voyerju/libretti.html.
?
The site has moved to http://ulricvoyercompositeurdoperacanadien.qc.ca/220-e-libretti
Ulric Voyer composer’s site has also moved to
HBrock25
ParticipantDoes anyone know how the royal harpists ( Official Harpist to the Prince of Wales) is chosen — in modern times — and in historical times?
March 29, 2010 at 3:45 am in reply to: Aoyama Saul or one of the Dusty Harps with 26 strings? #74549HBrock25
ParticipantHi Wil,
I’m just wondering, is the model of your 38 strings Camac lever harp “Petite Classique”? I looked at the picture and realized it’s the same as mine. I was trying to find the name of that model because I have that harp, too, but then didn’t know the model name. My strings are starting to wear out, and it’s time to get new set of strings, so where could I get a complete set of strings for Camac Petite Classique? I heard Camac has their own special strings for their own harps, so I’m kind of wondering if this model is restricted to the Camac strings or any type of strings is fine.
Thank you,
HBrock25
ParticipantI think just doctor can give you the proper answer regarding your problem. so go ahead and get your problem solved online.
HBrock25
ParticipantTo all who are interested in Harp Porter. The maker of this item has stopped production of the Harp Porter. I have done everything in my power to change her mind but to no avail. The mounting problems with bad quality tires (made in China), rising prices of materials and massive raises in shipping fees have simply driven her out of the business. She DOES still make the embroidered bags.
Steffie Curcio
HBrock25
ParticipantI have actually used Loveland levers on my custom wire strung harps to great success! What I do is to use a number of the ones sized ‘OO’, that do not have fret pins, on the upper smaller gauge strings. And then as the gauges of the wire get bigger, I just punch out the pins on the larger sizes, so that all of the levers are a gentle one-point contact. If the wire harp is a larger model, with wound bass strings, then I just use the proper sized levers there, leaving the pins in place for those strings.
Works like a very gentle-charm, with no crimping or breaking of the wire strings, and a nice clear tone !

HBrock25
ParticipantHello Beth,
My husband is a third generation gold leaf gilder with over 35+ years experience, we live in Northern California, have worked on harps and piano’s.
HBrock25
ParticipantMy wife’s Ogden is a lovely instrument . She just had to have it, but plays it very little. She prefers the greater volume of some of her bigger harps (she’s spoiled).
I am the one that has to keep replacing the gut strings cause they break all on their own just sitting there. Perhaps playing it more would keep the strings oiled and more supple. I was considering changing over to all nylon, but was wondering
-
AuthorPosts