harpcolumn

Suggestions for flute/harp or violin/harp music (lever harp)

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Suggestions for flute/harp or violin/harp music (lever harp)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    naomi-m
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m an amateur harpist (I started lessons last October)

naomi-m
    Participant

While we’re at it, any easy music for harp/piano? My friend also plays the piano. :-)

Tacye
    Participant

Bernard Andres’ Algues are musically worth while, have no lever changes within the pieces and aren’t too tricky- they require good basic technique (with a few special effects) rather than advanced technique.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Becky and Ernie Brock at Arriere-Cour productions have several very nice books of flute and harp music, all arranged for lever harp.

For a harp/piano duet, Les Pins de Charlannes by Renie is pretty, simple piece.

Offhand I can’t think of any arrangements of the swan as a duo with lever harp (if you can do the levers in the harp part, you’re usually advanced enough not to need an arrangement). There are a few solo arrangements for lever harp (including mine, but it’s pretty tricky–the others are easier).

paul-knoke
    Participant

You might enjoy the recently rediscovered Lorenz Sonata for harp and violin:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/lorenz-sonata-no-1-for-harp-and-violin/5464288?productTrackingContext=product_view/related_items/left/2

The second movement is a theme and variations, so you can select the variations that match your playing level. There are very few lever changes, but the musical content is satisfying to those with a more advanced background in music.

Have fun!
    Paul

Rachel
    Participant

Kathryn Cater has a version of Caccini’s Ave Maria available through Melody’s for lever harp and violin.

Herald Music has three collections of arrangements of music in the public domain

HBrock25
    Participant

Look at arrangements by Ray Poole.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies