Suggestions for flute/harp or violin/harp music (lever harp)

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    naomi-m on #158978

Hello all,

I’m an amateur harpist (I started lessons last October)

Participant
    naomi-m on #158979

While we’re at it, any easy music for harp/piano? My friend also plays the piano. :-)

Participant
    Tacye on #158980

Bernard Andres’ Algues are musically worth while, have no lever changes within the pieces and aren’t too tricky- they require good basic technique (with a few special effects) rather than advanced technique.

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #158981

Becky and Ernie Brock at Arriere-Cour productions have several very nice books of flute and harp music, all arranged for lever harp.

For a harp/piano duet, Les Pins de Charlannes by Renie is pretty, simple piece.

Offhand I can’t think of any arrangements of the swan as a duo with lever harp (if you can do the levers in the harp part, you’re usually advanced enough not to need an arrangement). There are a few solo arrangements for lever harp (including mine, but it’s pretty tricky–the others are easier).

Participant
    paul-knoke on #158982

You might enjoy the recently rediscovered Lorenz Sonata for harp and violin:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/lorenz-sonata-no-1-for-harp-and-violin/5464288?productTrackingContext=product_view/related_items/left/2

The second movement is a theme and variations, so you can select the variations that match your playing level. There are very few lever changes, but the musical content is satisfying to those with a more advanced background in music.

Have fun!
    Paul

Participant
    Rachel on #158983

Kathryn Cater has a version of Caccini’s Ave Maria available through Melody’s for lever harp and violin.

patricia-jaeger on #158984

Herald Music has three collections of arrangements of music in the public domain

Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #158985

Look at arrangements by Ray Poole.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.