rod-c

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What practice teaches #161359
    rod-c
    Participant

    Heidi:

    There was a nice string of posts on this topic a while back–how people went about learning a piece and how they practiced. YOu might do some subject searches on this site, too for those topics.

    Best,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Adult Workshops/Summer Harp Retreats #161438
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hello:

    In a recent issue of the printed version of HarpColumn there was a big article on the various summer harp camps/workshops. The article listed all the workshops and gave details. If you can find an issue of that, you’d have a pretty comprehensive listing.

    Best,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Harp sighting in Blondie Comics #110253
    rod-c
    Participant

    Sherry: If the harp could withstand the cold temps…I bet it would difficult to keep your fingers nimble in the cold weather.

    in reply to: Reading music #161255
    rod-c
    Participant

    Renate:

    in reply to: Harp Benches #110434
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Barbara:

    Thanks for this information. I had not seen the TAMA seat…but you’ve got me interested. And…the the price seems reasonable…

    Happy holidays to you!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: re: Harp Therapist #162197
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hello:

    I would add just a few thoughts to this thread. I think every one is making valid points. Last summer, I sat in on an introductory class for those interested in playing the harp in a hospital setting.

    in reply to: Mark on Harp #162210
    rod-c
    Participant

    Becky:

    Congrats on your first hospital appearance!!!

    in reply to: My new harp (hooray!) #105959
    rod-c
    Participant

    Kate:

    Congrats on your new harp. It is a beautiful instrument and I know it will bring you (and others) hours of pleasing music for years to come!!

    Onward!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Enduring the waiting #161626
    rod-c
    Participant

    Pippin:

    Age is not the issue here. There’s no reason to feel “humiliated” about your age..whatever it is. Many of us on this board were in our 40s, 50s, and 60s when we started the harp. We felt exhilarated and joyous….not humiliated. You are never too old to follow your dreams.

    I rented a lever harp from my teacher when I first started. ( And I couldn’t even read music!!)

    in reply to: My New Harp #110512
    rod-c
    Participant

    Cynthy:

    in reply to: My New Harp #110547
    rod-c
    Participant

    Tony:

    Congrats on the new harp!

    in reply to: placing poem on the HarpColumn forum #162466
    rod-c
    Participant

    Sherij:

    Thanks for sharing your poem. I think it refects the appreciation many of us have for the harp.

    Best,

    Rod C

    in reply to: YouTube “video” #110581
    rod-c
    Participant

    Yes….very nice. Interesting. This recording must be ancient!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: America’s Got Talent Tonite #110719
    rod-c
    Participant

    You can catch virtually all the America’s Got Talents acts on youtube. You search youtube by the name of the act. This family act has been posted.

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Harps and Critters #110585
    rod-c
    Participant

    David:

    Did the roadrunner

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 209 total)