harpcolumn

Where Have You Played Your Harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Where Have You Played Your Harp?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    c-k
    Participant

McDonald’s, a movie theater (Charlie Chaplin silent film), a camp ground in Teton National Park……..

ralph-thomas
    Participant

At the top of a ski area. Not too exciting but the only way up was by gondola and they wouldn’t stop it for my harp. I’ve played in a couple of plowed fields too but hey, this is Vermont. I said, “No!” to crossing a stream with my harp.

onita-sanders
    Participant

The most unusual but rather rewarding was playing request at a very large cematary. I was surrounded by black swans as I played on my black harp.

kay-lister

Onita,

Now that sounds really neat!!!

Kay

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I’ve played in a run-down shopping mall at Christmas time with a red kettle for the Salvation Army. One of the best experiences of my life!

unknown-user
    Participant

that is so sad but special. it is so wonderful that you could do something so special for people when they are grieving.

hannah-roberts
    Participant

I play in three yoga classes each week.

rojean-loucks
    Participant

Hannah, that’s intriguing to me, because I’m scheduled to play in a couple of yoga classes this fall.

hannah-roberts
    Participant

Rojean, that’s so neat! I’d love to discuss more about it with you. I just sent you an e-mail.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

Hole-in-the-Wall Anchorage in Southeast Alaska, on the eve of the commercial salmon season opener. I played for the blessing of the fleet.

unknown-user
    Participant

In a big old tree. It was on a platform half way up

Karen Johns
    Participant

Now that sounds like fun! :-)

Karen

unknown-user
    Participant

It was my brothers 18th birthday party and we had a Lord of the Rings theme! It wasn’t as bad getting my Troubie up the tree as I thought. We strapped it to my brothers back in a canvas bag

shelby-m
    Participant

Haha, I can imagine!

bill-grant
    Participant

Well, at least you could be certain your instrument was ON pitch !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies