harpcolumn

Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    jan-fetty
    Participant

Would like to hear from owners of the

kay-lister

Hi Jan,

I don’t own one, but my friend has one on order.

Michaela Braveman
    Participant

I have my eye on one of these as well and am

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Hi Jan,

Sorry, I don’t own one (yet) either…..However, a friend of mine has the new carbon fiber Heartland Delight in a beautiful green color, and I was able to play it, lift it and listen to its fantastic tone while seated at the back of a very large room. All I can say is, it’s a great harp! And yes, it could fall over in a not too strong wind, but it wouldn’t take much to secure it either.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I know what you mean–it’s an awkward size, too large for a lap harp and too small for a floor harp. Unlike the Delight, which is fashioned after the larger 38-string wooden harp, this harp was not fashioned after the 36-string wooden harp, the Sylvan. Apparently it’s supposed to cover some of the territory of the vanished lap harp.

Michaela Braveman
    Participant

Gloria: Did you by chance check with Dave whether or not the Inifinity 36 could be played by attaching a knee bone cross-bar of some sort? I own a lap/therapy as well and like you, I don’t care for the strap so I use a

I don’t know why there aren’t any pictures but yes there is a leg.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Thanks Jennifer for letting us know that the Heartland Infinity comes with an internal retractable leg, (sounds similar to my Ravenna 26), that’s great!

shelby-m
    Participant

The BEACH?

KarenA
    Participant

My teacher from the UK has played a carbon fiber floor harp (though not Heartland) and she says it was great from a weight and transport standpoint.

However, when she was playing anything fast or loud, due to the lack of weight it almost tipped over so it annoyed her. Can’t win em all I guess.

Kate Hopkins
    Participant

I had the opportunity to play both at a conference. I found that the larger had better overall tone, but the size of the 36 string made it very appealing. In regards to the drop down leg…I found it too unstable, as the light harp would wobble some while being played, I play floor harp and have never used a strap however the strap was very comfortable.

jan-fetty
    Participant

Thank each one of you for your input.

jan-fetty
    Participant

I have considered the 42″ model as well, but like you, I don’t want to use a strap, or for that matter, even the stick.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Yes, I do too, they are just a bit too pricey at this point.

Ann

If I wanted an easy-transport harp, I’d seriously consider Blevins Glenwood 34 or Meadowind 34 or 36. All of these weigh around 15 pounds, only a bit more than the carbon fibre, narrower than Heartland,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies