Just received some happy news……..

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Leslie Davis on #158516

Today I received an email with photo attachment from Mr. Webster notifying me that my ‘Laurel Leaf’ harp is completely finished!

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #158517

Just can’t decide whether that or the 18th century is more beautiful. They’re both stunning. Congratulations! Repot back as soon as you have it and have played it for several hours.

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #158518

Sorry, I meant “report.” Why isn’t there an “edit” function?

Participant
    deb-l on #158519

cogratulations Leslie!!

Participant
    shelby-m on #158520

Congrats!

Participant
    Leslie Davis on #158521

How true, Jessica!

Participant
    Leslie Davis on #158522

Thanks so much, Deb.

Participant
    Leslie Davis on #158523

Thank you, Shelby.

Participant
    unknown-user on #158524

Congrats! Aren’t they the most lovely harps! I have never seen them before so thanks for posting about your Laurel leaf! It IS a dream harp isn’t it! The Moderne (the mini Salzedo) made me laugh out loud, its so cute! (I think I wants it!)

When it arrives please do put a photo on and please do tell us what it sounds like! I could not find any sound bites on his website. Are they gut strings? concert harp strings or the folk ones?

Participant
    Leslie Davis on #158525

Thank you, Natty.

Participant
    unknown-user on #158526

Thanks Leslie! I just looked at the Moderne again, and yes, his harps are really quite large! At 71″ its taller than my pedal harp!

Participant
    deb-l on #158527

it was a little different for me, when I decided I tortured myself without a harp long enough I took the day off from work and drove straight to Harp Connection.

Participant
    Karen Johns on #158528

Congratulations Leslie! I’m sure you will love it! :-) I am the happy recipient of my dream harp this year as well, so I know exactly how you feel. It was WELL worth the wait!

Best,

Karen

Participant
    deb-l on #158529

How do you know what your dream harp is unless you’ve played it for a while?

Participant
    Leslie Davis on #158530

Yes – many of Mr. Webster’s harps are quite tall but for some reason pedal harps appear so much larger and definitely more commanding.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.