HBrock25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Salvi Ana for beginners? #159374
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Just a word on the Prelude.

    in reply to: Cant’ get enough! #108511
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Kay, that’s very normal because there is something that you want to achieve and that is to be the best in what you do. So keep it up and don’t worry about it too much!

    Arthur Cundy
    http://www.classicalave.com

    in reply to: Camac MIDI Harp demo #150009
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Arnaud,

    Your videos are great.
    I would like to buy a Camac Midi Harp as well, but…do you know the price?
    I can not find it!

    Thanks!!

    keka

    in reply to: Bridal Shows #150716
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I prefer smaller shows, because they allow for more personal contact between you and the bride. At larger shows (with 500+ brides and family members in attendance) there’s barely enough time to strike up a conversation as they’re busy picking up your brochures and grabbing handfuls of candy from your table.

    I’ve done one show which I would consider “medium” in size (with about 300-400 brides), and I hired an assistant for the day. It was the best decision I’d ever made, because once my table was flooded with people, it freed me up to play and answer questions while she took care of the prize giveaways and handed out brochures and business cards.

    It would be hard for me to justify the cost of one of the larger bridal expos, because I have about all the work I can handle based on traffic from other sources (online marketing, etc.). Besides the registration, you have to think about linen rentals, printing of marketing materials, and the cost of any signs, display cases, picture frames, flowers, candy (believe me, they LOVE candy) that you need to spruce up your table. That means the cost of one show can easily add up to over $1000.

    I’d rather stick to smaller shows that are venue-based, where it doesn’t cost as much to exhibit, and you get more quality time with your potential customers.

    in reply to: Just ordered my new harp! #159336
    HBrock25
    Participant

    WOW! I had never even heard about Webster. But how could you choose? I was going crazy just viewing the different models. Do you know of any sound clips?

    It’s so fun when a harpist is “expecting”-we get to share that spirit! Harp heart-to-heart.
    Ouhna

    in reply to: Pratt Lever Harps #73872
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I’m late to the string, but I just purchased a Pratt Chamber Harp.

    in reply to: Gu Zheng Chinese harp #74978
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi all,
    my name is Natalia, I am a koto player. Koto is Japanese analogue of Gu Zheng. I`m interested in a Gu Zheng construction. Do it has any “dragon” names of its body parts? F.e., “dragon`s head”, ” dragon tales” and so on (like a japanese koto)? If no, what the names of its parts? Please, help!
    Thanks,
    Natalia

    in reply to: Planets for one harp #150940
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Elizabeth,

    Were you able to re-write the harp parts? I am facing the same problem for an upcoming performance of this piece.

    in reply to: Making CDs #147854
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Could anyone please tell me where I can get a copy of “bochsa op.34 Martenot edition?

    in reply to: UnStandard Literature #151038
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Liszt’s Les Preludes.

    Looking through the Washington Post last month there were 2 performances with 2 different orchestras

    in reply to: Moonlight Sonata and Air on the G string #151217
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I have played both upon request.

    in reply to: Private Party 4 hrs HELP! #151188
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Kay!

    I stretch up as some have suggested, do shoulder shrugs, bend at the waist and touch the floor without bending my knees and from an outstretched postition, I try to slowly clap my hands behind my back.

    I sometimes take ibuprofen either the last hour or before I go to bed.

    in reply to: Breton harp #74093
    HBrock25
    Participant

    We have an Artone harp for our now 10 yr old daughter.

    in reply to: Stanley & Stanley Harps, Ontario #75325
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I have deleted the remainder of this thread due to the incivility of some posts. Any further replies will also be deleted.

    in reply to: How old were you when you started playing the harp? #166209
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I was 5 when I began playing the harp and then began piano lessons at age 13.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 365 total)