harpcolumn

Cant’ get enough!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Cant’ get enough!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

OK – I’ve been practicing, and practicing AND practicing at least 3 and sometimes 4 hours a day.

Charles
    Participant

Kay,

holly-kemble
    Participant

Hi Kay~

I would *love* to practice 3 – 4 hours a day…but alas…..there are not enough hours in the day.

When I do practice, I lose track of time. I can spend an hour on one Salzedo exercise without realizing that so much time has gone by. And I am very motivated to practice to the point where I can play ‘hands together’ on new pieces. THEN once the piece is coming along….I enjoy making the phrasing just right….and there goes another hour.

Sometimes when I’m stuck in traffic on I-75, I’ll move my fingers along to the tune in my head. I wonder what the other drivers think!

I wish I had taken harp lessons years ago instead of piano lessons. But then I though the harp was only for rich Gold Coast musicians. Live and learn.

I hope that your harp continues to give you such joy. It sure enriches ones life!

Holly

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hi Kay, that’s very normal because there is something that you want to achieve and that is to be the best in what you do. So keep it up and don’t worry about it too much!

Arthur Cundy
    http://www.classicalave.com

rod-c
    Participant

Kay:

I admire your determination!

That’s why I love being a harpist/school teacher. I couldn’t imagine having a job where I couldn’t get in massive amounts of practicing. I, too, get in these grooves where I just can’t get enough practicing! (Like right now with the Grossi and Boscha books from the other post.)

lisa-fenwick
    Participant

I get this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics