harpcolumn

Camac MIDI Harp demo

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Camac MIDI Harp demo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Arnaud Roy

hi everyone !
    i’ve recorded two videos with the new Camac MIDI harp :

http://www.vimeo.com/6604637

and

http://www.vimeo.com/6604452

thanks for looking 🙂

Arnaud Roy

helen-rudd
    Participant

I really enjoyed falling night, particularly the mid section. from about 1.01-2. It sounded very much like a toy piano. Is the harp only electronic or is it electronic/acoustic?

Arnaud Roy

this is a mix between the electric sound of the harp and the sounds in the computer (toy piano, cithar, acoustic harp with paper or iron…)
    each virtual instrument has been recorded note by note and mapped on the string of the harp
    this harp have three outputs : an electric sound (like the camac blue), a MIDI output to control a computer and a internal synth

tony-morosco
    Participant

A MIDI is basically a synthesizer. Think of those keyboards that can sound like almost any instrument. In this case instead of the movement of the keys it is the

HBrock25
    Participant

Hi Arnaud,

Your videos are great.
    I would like to buy a Camac Midi Harp as well, but…do you know the price?
    I can not find it!

Thanks!!

keka

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Contact the Virginia Harp Center. If they don’t know the price, they’ll find out and they can place the order for you.

keka salvi

Dear Catherine,

Thank you very much, but I have contacted them but they don’t know…
    I really need to know it as soon as possible…maybe someone knows it aproximately…
    does someone know about it?

Thanks!

Keka

Alison
    Participant

You can read much more about it in Camac’s newsreel at http://www.camac-harps.com/Harpseasons15.pdf

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Hi all,

Talking about price – I see on Dave Kortier’s website, that you can buy a “Virtual Pedal Harp” for $5600.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Hi again,
    Just one other thing.

bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

Hallo Michael,
    I just found this thread …thank you for pointing to my MIDI harp. The Camac MIDI harp uses basically the converters I introduced to the harpworld in summer 2006 with my first MIDI harp. This was the first existing and working MIDI harp with pitch detection or frequency recognition. This converter did already exist but in another context. So, I didn’t develop the Harp MIDI Converter but I was able to find the necessary parts and put them together in a new way. This is my creative part.
    In springtime 2007 I visited Camac to introduce my system to Camac…hoping for a good cooperation.
    At this time Camac was not satisfied with the solution they already had. The problem they had was the frequency change when a harpist needs to move the pedals.
    The MIDI system I used was able to follow every frequency changes…also the pitch change with pedal movement. Beside this, the system could translate also the plucking position at the string, the volume in to MIDI data. The frequency recognition of the converters follows continuously every change in the frequency of the plucked string and creates a MIDI message.
    I see this system as the big step in harp evolution because the harpist stays very close to the important sound generating process of the string. This can be made only with the Midi Converter working on the principle of frequency recognition.
    I wanted to have a system which keeps the feeling of playing an acoustically harp. And yes…this is what the system does.
    The Kortier system is working on a different principle.

Regards

Thanks for the info!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies