Breton harp

• Participant
    unknown-user on #74084

Hi, does anyone know about the quality of this brand? They are made in China and appear to be cheaper than mainstream brands like Salvi and Camac.I’m interested in the Breton tulip.

http://bretonmusic.com/tulip.htm

Would I be better off forking out more money for an established brand?

Participant
    john Doe on #74085

Hey Miso.

I could tell you

Participant
    Evangeline Williams on #74086

I have never heard of Breton being L&H.

Participant
    8048-_ on #74087

I saw Artone in the website. I have an Artone model 40C at home. I am surprised that Artone is made in China as I ordered this from my teacher

Participant
    john Doe on #74088

The Lyon & healy owns Shanghai Harp Music Ltd.

They are even sold at there Salvi store in Calfornia.

Participant
    betsy-paine on #74089

From what I have heard and learned about the Breton harps, you would be much better off putting your money towards a Dusty Strings Ravenna or another well-made harp instead of one that is poorly constructed and uses “knock-off” levers!

Participant
    john Doe on #74090

There is a reason harps stores will not sell that Junk!

Feel free to ask them Why!

Participant
    Patti Newson on #74091

I have also heard that the Prelude (Lyons and Healy) are now being made in china.

Participant
    Donna O on #74092

I recently bought a Prelude 40 from Lyon Healy in Chicago and toured the factory where the Preludes were being made, in Chicago not China!

Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #74093

We have an Artone harp for our now 10 yr old daughter.

Anne-Elizabeth Logan on #74094

Need to note that the lever breakages were firstly due to the movers clumsily unpacking her harp and then today the harp slipped from her grasp and another lever broke upon contact with the road.

Participant
    saylee14harp on #254400

for anyone still interested, I have a Breton Jasmine harp and I think its a great little lever harp especially for student harps. It doesn’t have the concert spacing and tension like a prelude lever harp though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.