HBrock25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • HBrock25
    Participant

    Thanks to all of you for your support.

    HBrock25
    Participant

    Elizabeth, thank you very much!!!

    HBrock25
    Participant

    Thanks for your mail JP!!

    in reply to: On Willows and Birches #145968
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Fantastic Saul, Thanks for drawing our attention to this, very exciting.

    Best wishes,
    Camilla

    in reply to: Pratt Lever Harps #73860
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Delurking just to say that I am in love with my Pratt Chamber Harp. I discovered it at Harps Etc in Walnut Creek, CA, and the sound knocked me off my feet.

    It’s completely different than the “harp experience” I thought I wanted (smaller, lighter tension, etc), but the sound just could not be gainsaid.

    I just finished moving to a 3rd floor apt today and can tell you something about how much the Chamber Harp weighs… :-D It’s not an instrument I would take out busking! It fits in my elderly 4-door sedan…barely (I had to push back the front passenger seat and slide it in diagonally). I think it weighs about 50 lbs. I can lift it and carry it across the room, but I would not like to muscle Pratty around too much without a spotter. Pedal harpists may not be fazed by the weight, but it’s been an adjustment for this self-taught folk harp player.

    Mine is a basic (but lovely) walnut, but has a figured maple on the soundboard, pretty luscious! I adore this harp. I have great respect for John Pratt and think he has something special going on as a harpmaker.

    in reply to: conference 2010 #151468
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hello – –
    When will you be announcing the fees and taking vendor reservations for the 2010 conference ? I need to apply for funding from my school and need to submit a budget.
    – – Thanks, Cynthia

    in reply to: Price of Horngacher Harp #74572
    HBrock25
    Participant

    HI!I’m playing Horngacher for 3 years and love it very much!

    Prices

    in reply to: bursitis (shoulder) #151603
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I have recently been diagnosed w/ a biceps tear in my right shoulder.

    in reply to: Is my old Clark Irish Harp still playable? #75336
    HBrock25
    Participant

    The harp maker who repaired my mother’s Clark model A harp moved to Florida. Arsilon Fay was his name and he made harps under the name of “Douglas Harps” He knew a lot about Clarks harps. You might google him.

    GOod luck…

    in reply to: Piano and Harp duo #147244
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Where can one purchase the Salzedo piano and harp duo?

    in reply to: smokers #151833
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I tend to play ‘Smoke gets in your eyes’ and see if they get the hint. Coughing helps too! It does amaze me how people think its ok to come and stand next to you and light up.

    in reply to: Dance for an Ancient Ritual, Brian Boydell #151939
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Thanks Helen.

    in reply to: 44 Strings Extended or 46 String Straight? #75022
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I just read about your search for a pedal harp.

    in reply to: What is a Dilling Harp? #72143
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Mr. Fay-

    I am fortunate to have been a student of Jocelyn Chang for the past 6 months, and I appreciate what a lovely instrument the Dilling is.

    in reply to: cruise ship ? #152133
    HBrock25
    Participant

    That sounds like a very interesting experience. A few questions… where did you put the harp when you were not using it? Where did you practice? How long did you practice for? How many ports that you were docked at did you get to go out in total?

    thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 365 total)