harpglo-jean

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harpists on youtube….. #156636
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    me too! I would love to get the music to this tune.

    in reply to: Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons #155689
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Yes, I do too, they are just a bit too pricey at this point.

    in reply to: need pedal harp in honolulu #73518
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    yes, Sylvia’s condo is on the island of Kauai (Princeville)…..

    in reply to: Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons #155683
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Thanks Jennifer for letting us know that the Heartland Infinity comes with an internal retractable leg, (sounds similar to my Ravenna 26), that’s great!

    in reply to: Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons #155679
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Jan,

    Sorry, I don’t own one (yet) either…..However, a friend of mine has the new carbon fiber Heartland Delight in a beautiful green color, and I was able to play it, lift it and listen to its fantastic tone while seated at the back of a very large room. All I can say is, it’s a great harp! And yes, it could fall over in a not too strong wind, but it wouldn’t take much to secure it either.

    in reply to: tuning Bs flat #158410
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Yes, that’s what I keep all my harps tuned in, “F”…all my Bs are flat…and it’s okay!

    in reply to: single and multiple harp owners #158372
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Yes it does…Check this YouTube video out by Paula Smith, she’s playing Vissi D’arte (Puccini) on a Dusty 36B (try to ignore the sales pitch, she’s a rep. for Morley Harps)…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEl1qBVURo

    in reply to: single and multiple harp owners #158367
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    What I like best about my individual harps is their difference in tone and sustain…My favorite harp, if I had to pick one, is by far the walnut Dusty Strings 36S..It has, to my ears, the most absolutely brilliant tone for a variety of different music, from Celtic to Classical.

    in reply to: Gloria – ‘Six Ribbons’ sheet music #158625
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Thanks so much for the Six Ribbons info. I will check it out!

    in reply to: The power of the Harp… #107808
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Oh, so sorry to hear about your car accident, but so glad that you are okay!

    in reply to: Irish Hymns #149682
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Another beautiful hymn is, “Ag Criost An Siol” (The Seed is Christ’s) by Sean O’Riada. You can find a sample of it on YouTube.

    in reply to: 26 strings or less as an only harp #158762
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Well, personally, I wouldn’t be content if that was my only harp…I own a Ravenna 26, and I love the harp, it’s tone, portability and durability, but like I’ve stated before, I do have to rearrange a few of my tunes.

    in reply to: Meghan harp reputation? #73215
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I second the advice on getting a Dusty Strings Ravenna 34….A friend of mine has one and (as I’ve said before) the tone is fantastic, and it’s a very sturdy harp, very well made…. Good Luck, Gloria

    in reply to: choosing a harp #158753
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Ah, the Salvi Egan is a great harp!

    in reply to: Decision time #158842
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I would advise going with the Hempson, because it has the most strings, and you’re already familiar with it, since you’ve been renting it…I own a Ravenna 26, and do love the tone and the portability, as you mentioned.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 168 total)