harpglo-jean

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Christmas Music for Lever Harp #107979
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I have both of those books, and personally I like “Cold December Winds” better than “Green Grows the Holly”…

    in reply to: Christmas Music for Lever Harp #107976
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I enjoy playing some non-traditional Christmas tunes from Suzanne Guldimann’s “Cold December Winds” book…..easy and lovely!

    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I did ask her (you can see my post there) and she said she would send me her version and never did, and I’m not into “bugging”…but may ask her one more time… and, thanks anyway!

    in reply to: Salvi Ana temptation – sale #72062
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Yes, I’d like to know that too, since I have a friend who has an Ana (it’s about 4 years old) and it has the Performance Levers already….

    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Thanks Deb, I actually tried that website numerous times, even signed up, emailed the person who has that sheet music, with the offer of a trad, and nothing happened, but thanks anyway!…..Gloria

    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I am obsessed with, and would love to find the sheet music for “Six Ribbons” by Jon English, but have been unsuccessful in my search.

    in reply to: Carbon Fiber Harps #73982
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I’ve stated this before on another (carbon fiber harp) thread, but I’ll say it again, a friend and co-ring member, has a Delight harp in a beautiful shiny green color, and the sound is truly phenomenal!…Initially, I was very skeptical, but the beautiful tone filled the large room that we meet in, and yes, the sustain was great!..I even played it a little, and the only thing was, I did have to adjust the way I usually sit, because as you know, Heartland Harps have the curved soundboard, but that took all of two minutes to get used to.

    in reply to: Ravenna 34 #74020
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Love that photo of the harp clothesline!!! wow, how clever, but not a good thing for the harp!..And I wanted to comment that the Ravenna 34, “is” indeed a lovely sounding harp. A lady in my harp ring owns one, and the tone is very deep and rich, so you will have a wonderful harp for all of your tunes!…enjoy!……….Gloria

    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi, I drive an ’09 Toyota Highlander, and I love it! It comfortably transports my big Dusty 36, with harp bench, and all my other accessories.

    in reply to: Seats #74298
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Gary,

    What you’ve already purchased a, “rectangular scissor action keyboard stool,” should work quite nicely with your new Ravenna harp.

    in reply to: Trying to decide on my first ‘big’ harp… #159170
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    yes, you won’t regret that purchase!…a friend of mine owns a Ravenna 34, and plays it in our harp ring, and the tone is (to my ears) phenomenal….enjoy!

    in reply to: Need help finding a harp on a budget! #68771
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Jerusha,

    I just measured the levers.

    in reply to: Need help finding a harp on a budget! #68769
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I was told by an employee at Sylvia Woods’ Harp Center that Loveland, no longer manufactures the short black (plastic) levers, only the longer ones…I have the short ones, (which work just fine), on my 9-year old Triplett harp, however, I prefer the longer ones, which are on two of my Dusty Harps.

    in reply to: Camps or competitions for young lever harpers? #83979
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    What about the University of Redlands Harp Camp? It’s scheduled for July 26-31st. The link is:

    in reply to: Camps or competitions for young lever harpers? #84692
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    What about the University of Redlands Harp Camp? It’s scheduled for July 26-31st. The link is:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 168 total)