harpcolumn

tuning Bs flat

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists tuning Bs flat

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

Some of the songs I’ve been playing need to have Bs tuned flat.

brook-boddie
    Participant

Deb, you certainly can do that.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Yes, that’s what I keep all my harps tuned in, “F”…all my Bs are flat…and it’s okay!

deb-l
    Participant

thanks very much guys!

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I’m a fan of the Eb tuning, because I play both classical and folk and because it’s the tuning typically used for single-action harps, but you can tune your harp as you please–no flats, one flat, and so on. Should you need to in future, just retune.

deb-l
    Participant

first it was just the Bs then I had to add the E’s today I find I need to add the As.

tony-morosco
    Participant

Why should you have to make up your mind? That would be boring to be stuck with only one genre to play in.

Tuning to Eb is the perfect solution. So long as you have halfway decent levers there is no reason not to and then be able to have a greater range of useful keys you can play in. Then you don’t have to pick just one genre.

deb-l
    Participant

Tony, I am happy to have truits now that I am using the levers so much.

tony-morosco
    Participant

I was the same way. I started only really interested in Celtic music. My teacher inspired me to branch out to classical and Jazz. Now I don’t even think about genres. If something catches my ear I will give it a go no matter what the genre or origin.

You will get used to dealing with the levers. To me when I think C Major, I automatically think “three levers up” or “all pedals down one”. It becomes habit.

deb-l
    Participant

I’m really glad I was still renting while my music taste has been evolving.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies