tuning Bs flat

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    deb-l on #158408

Some of the songs I’ve been playing need to have Bs tuned flat.

Participant
    brook-boddie on #158409

Deb, you certainly can do that.

Participant
    harpglo-jean on #158410

Yes, that’s what I keep all my harps tuned in, “F”…all my Bs are flat…and it’s okay!

Participant
    deb-l on #158411

thanks very much guys!

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #158412

I’m a fan of the Eb tuning, because I play both classical and folk and because it’s the tuning typically used for single-action harps, but you can tune your harp as you please–no flats, one flat, and so on. Should you need to in future, just retune.

Participant
    deb-l on #158413

first it was just the Bs then I had to add the E’s today I find I need to add the As.

tony-morosco on #158414

Why should you have to make up your mind? That would be boring to be stuck with only one genre to play in.

Tuning to Eb is the perfect solution. So long as you have halfway decent levers there is no reason not to and then be able to have a greater range of useful keys you can play in. Then you don’t have to pick just one genre.

Participant
    deb-l on #158415

Tony, I am happy to have truits now that I am using the levers so much.

tony-morosco on #158416

I was the same way. I started only really interested in Celtic music. My teacher inspired me to branch out to classical and Jazz. Now I don’t even think about genres. If something catches my ear I will give it a go no matter what the genre or origin.

You will get used to dealing with the levers. To me when I think C Major, I automatically think “three levers up” or “all pedals down one”. It becomes habit.

Participant
    deb-l on #158417

I’m really glad I was still renting while my music taste has been evolving.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.