harpcolumn

Meghan harp reputation?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Meghan harp reputation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    shelby-m
    Participant

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum and I haven’t taken any harp lessons yet.

Tacye
    Participant

These harps made in Pakistan have been discussed a lot on here- this thread for instance will let you know a lot about what people think…
    http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message_id=24242
    As you can see the opinion is they are low quality, but divides on if they are too low quality.

With a $2000 budget there are great harps you can afford which you won’t outgrow so fast as your playing improves- the Dusty Strings Ravenna 34 for instance.

shelby-m
    Participant

Thank you so much!

harpglo-jean
    Participant

I second the advice on getting a Dusty Strings Ravenna 34….A friend of mine has one and (as I’ve said before) the tone is fantastic, and it’s a very sturdy harp, very well made…. Good Luck, Gloria

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I agree with Gloria.

shelby-m
    Participant

Thank you all so much for your help!

As long as you’re playing primarily lever harp.

alice-freeman
    Spectator

Hi Shelby,

I regularly play for weddings and receptions on a 34-string harp and in the last 5 years have had 2 pieces of music that called for those 2 highest strings. I just dropped the last arpeggio down an octave and I wonder who (except the original

Karen Johns
    Participant

Another great thing about the Dreamweaver is you can trade it in for money off a larger harp later, like a Dragonheart. I absolutely love mine!

I would also suggest looking into Musicmaker’s Voyageur harp. It has a very beautiful look and voice as well.

Karen

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hi Shelby M, welcome to the world of harps.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Ummmmm…..excuse me, but I do teach harp. Please don’t make snap assumptions about the posters on this forum. If you had done

Honoria Spencer
    Participant

I also started out on a mid east harp made in Pakistan, so I do know

Maria Myers
    Participant

Karen,

I just read the post from “Bill Andrews” (drive-by poster, IMHO) and a lot of it is inaccurate and just plain awful!

Honoria Spencer
    Participant

Here is a youtube of a lady playing a Ravenna 34, you can compare this sound to the awful stuff from the videos suggested by the poster above.

With this instrument you can play just about anything you’ll ever want.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

This is very much a minority opinion, especially as regards lap harps. They are not what you should learn on, because while you are learning to play the harp, you are also dealing with how to keep the dang thing from slipping out of your lap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics