Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantI love my Blevins Lyra 22 lap harp.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantI’ve taken multi-year breaks from extensive playing, and have had no trouble “coming back” with callouses.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantI love my 22-string Blevins Lyra. Great sound for a little harp!
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantI developed bursitis in my right shoulder a couple of years ago. I’m quite petite, so I’m always reaching up with my arm for things (writing on classroom boards, for example). In addition to classroom teaching and harp playing, I also commercial fish (salmon) during the summers.
Physical therapy resolved the issue, with no adverse effects on my harp playing. It’s really worth getting it checked out.
May 28, 2011 at 2:12 am in reply to: Recommendations for small lever harps with minimal damping #71832tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantTake a look at the Caswell Sweetharp
I also have an 85 P, and Aoyama 140 D, and a Blevins Lyra 22.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantYou might also want to take a look at the Caswell Sweetharp 29.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantI recently had the opportunity to try the prototype version with 29 strings.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantPlayed Irish tunes for my continuation high school students today.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantHi Cheryl,
Very nice to see you here! I tend to mostly lurk here, too.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantI’ve had reasonably good luck with an HD Flip video, at least for practice purposes.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantSomeday, we’ll make it up there.
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantHi Paul,
In what part of Alaska do you live? We commercial fish out of Craig (on P.O.W.) during the summers.
Tonie
January 15, 2011 at 10:54 pm in reply to: Any fans of Antarctica? And harping in Antarctica! #105368tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantWow! And here I thought taking my little lap harp on my commercial fishing trips in Alaska was a stretch. This is really quite a project! Thanks for posting the link.
Tonie
tonie-ogimachi
ParticipantI have a Blevins Lyra 22 that I take on my small boat in Alaska, during the summer commercial salmon season.
tonie-ogimachi
Participant
-
AuthorPosts