tonie-ogimachi

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: homeschool students #84242
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Hi Misty,

    You might also want to check with your local public school district independent study and homeschooling programs.

    in reply to: homeschool students #84955
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Hi Misty,

    You might also want to check with your local public school district independent study and homeschooling programs.

    in reply to: homeschool students #85465
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Hi Misty,

    You might also want to check with your local public school district independent study and homeschooling programs.

    in reply to: Harp cars #109579
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Hi Phoebe,

    I have an L&H 85P and a 1996 Rav4.

    in reply to: Exercise for feet #160668
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    This post has got me thinking….

    Last week I learned that I have developed bursitis in my hip. The symptoms began about 3 months ago. I’ve been playing the harp for 37 years, with no other physical problems, so it hasn’t occurred to me that the way I am sitting at the harp may have something to do with my bursitis.

    in reply to: First Wedding Gig #160351
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    The nice thing about using the Canon for the processional is that you can be quite flexible about the length of it, and the pacing works well for making an entrance. I also like to use Monteclair’s “Air” from “Festes de l’Eté” as an alternative to Wagner’s Bridal March. It has a “grand march” sound, and is also easier to end in various places. There’s an easy version in one of the “Medieval to Modern” books, and Suzanne Balderston’s Wedding Book has a version of this piece, too.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145285
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    That seems like it would be perfect!

    in reply to: Which Harp Trolley Is Best? #71136
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    I love my 6-wheel harp caddy.

    in reply to: Sylvain Blassel plays Goldberg Variations #148779
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Carl,

    Thank you so much for these video posts!

    in reply to: How do you do it? #109831
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Very well said!

    in reply to: How do you do it? #109829
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Hi Kay,

    I’m 4’10” and I weigh 108 pounds., and here’s how I do it.

    in reply to: Harpsicle #161039
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Hi Samantha,

    I mostly play a pedal harp at home, but I also have an Aoyama lever harp, and for my summer travels aboard a small boat, I play a Blevins Lyra 22, with full sharping levers.

    in reply to: Dreem Harps #109655
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Now that would be quite a totem for a harp column!

    in reply to: Dreem Harps #109651
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    The Haida Harp (from Prince of Wales Island, Alaska):

    Cedar column carved with Salmon, Bear and Eagle totem.

    in reply to: Mid-East MFG #156062
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

    Hi Helen,

    This is a good list, with some good advice. I would also add Aoyama to the above. I have had mine for over 30 years, and it has been very solid.

    Tonie

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)