harpcolumn

Recommendations for small lever harps with minimal damping

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Recommendations for small lever harps with minimal damping

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Miriam C.
    Participant

I am looking for recommendations for lever harps with good sound projection and minimal damping. I have a Lyon and Healy 85 Petite, and a Silhouette, but the desire for a small “portable” acoustic instrument has arisen. Ideally the harp would have 28-34 stings, gut strung, and be no taller than my Silhouette (125cm). Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

poppy-rose
    Participant

I would recommend the Salvi Juno. I bought one recently, because I too, wanted a portable small harp. The Juno has a higher tension than most small harps, making it easier to go back and forth between your big harp and small harp. I have a lyon and healy prelude as my main harp, and I find it very easy to go back and forth between the two harps. It projects very nicely as well. I brought it to my harp teacher when I first got it, and she was very impressed with it. She said she thought it was a harp that she could even teach on , as the string tension is so similar to gut

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

Take a look at the Caswell Sweetharp

http://www.caswellharps.com/

I also have an 85 P, and Aoyama 140 D, and a Blevins Lyra 22.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.