harpcolumn

Hello! Newbie harper here!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Hello! Newbie harper here!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    M Qadeer
    Hi; how are you dear
    tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

Hi Cheryl,

Very nice to see you here! I tend to mostly lurk here, too.

Alice Avery
    Participant

Hi, Cheryl,

I have been playing (learning) the harp for 6 years now and started at the age of 69.

Alice Avery
    Participant

Correction on my reply.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that I am not the only one starting “later.” I’ll be 65 in August, and my first harp arrives next Tuesday —– JimJ

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the wonderful, frustrating, rewarding world of harps from another adult beginner.

Paul and Brenda
    Participant

Cheryl, where in Ohio are you?

Angela Biggs

Shelby, what part of NE do you live in?? I’m self-taught and in Claremont, NH; most teachers are about that far away from me. . . it would be awesome if you live near western NH and maybe we could get together for some harping!

John McK
    Participant

I know of some good players near Burlington, VT, if anyone is looking for a teacher locally. . .

shelby-m
    Participant

Angela: I live in the Lebanon area, about 30 minutes from Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH.

Angela Biggs

Shelby, that looks like fun! Thanks for the tip!

It takes us about 25 minutes to get to West Leb; I don’t usually go into Lebanon itself, so you could be right about that distance. If you ever feel like getting together for some harping, feel free to let me know! The possibility makes me giddy. Claremont is a lonely place, musically speaking. 🙂

(I know, I’m a total stranger. I’m not habit of putting myself out there like this either. If you want, you can find out more about me at angelabiggs.com. If not, that’s TOTALLY okay. 🙂 )

cheryl-steckel
    Participant

Paul & Brenda, I’m in Chillicothe, OH! I now have a MusicMaker’s Voyageur & love her. I bought her from a lovely gentleman on the Virtual Harp Circle on Yahoo Groups. I named her Emma.

I’m working my way through Pamela Bruner’s books now which are the best I’ve tried. I’m now on book 2 & enjoying every minute.

shelby-m
    Participant

Angela: Right now I am very busy with my classes, trying to graduate on time, plus the driving to flute/harp lessons takes up an insane amount of time.

Angela Biggs

Indeed it is! Best of luck with your classes! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.