HBrock25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: harp strings #105621
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hello Sam,

    I was happy to hear that you enjoyed Emily Mitchell’s fabulous performance of “Garden in Harp” by Gary Schocker. It was a great concert. Lyon & Healy will be publishing the Gary Schocker work and it will be available within 2 weeks. Look at the front of harp.com for the feature!

    ShruDeLi

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145315
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I currently drive a GMC Envoy Extra Long and it fits my L&H 17, dolly, bench, etc.

    in reply to: My levers “buzz” when I play #157190
    HBrock25
    Participant

    WOW I know these posts were a while ago, but I’m facing the same problem with my harp. I live in India so you can only imagine my situation with the climate not being too kind, but I have been managing fine. It’s not that bad actually. For my harp, the buzzing started first with just one string and then as time went by more strings started buzzing and I could not understand why. A bigger limitation for me is the fact that India has no harp makers or retailers who can help me out. I’m on my own here, so websites like these really help me out.
    Luckily for me all my compositions don’t allow me to use accidentals so for the stings that buzz with the levers on it I just keep the lever off and tune the string accordingly. But I do want to eliminate this buzz. Are there any other ways I can do this apart from the above mentioned.
    Thank you all so much
    Anushka Lewis
    http://soundcloud.com/nushlewis

    in reply to: Which harp should i get? #155334
    HBrock25
    Participant

    As someone who cannot afford a concert harp, I think it’s wonderful that affordable harps are available.

    in reply to: New music #146333
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I’ve got one too.

    in reply to: anyone else find a patterned carpet offputting? #105302
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Dear Amanda (and fellow harpists)…

    Seraphim Music (http://www.seraphimmusic.com) distributes our line of “Harp Couture” accessories, including a “PerfectView Harp Mat” – it fact, it was our very first product!

    in reply to: Which Pedal Harp to buy!? #71742
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I own a Venus Classic as well as a L&H 22. I love them both for different reasons but am now also considering a Aoyama.

    The Venus is big, grand and sturdy, the L&H is classical and sweet.

    The Aoyama is light weight and charming.

    It is really like selecting a wedding gown. At 14 it is probably not her last harp. But it should be one that she loves and wants. That is really the most important thing at her age … so she will become amazing.

    in reply to: Teenage harpists! #165698
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Christine!

    I’m from the California in the US, 19 yrs old. Been playing for about a year and a half on the lever and am LOVING it. Hoping to move up to pedal harp soon. Kinda sucks that there aren’t really any harpists around my area in my age range. Would love to get in touch with some younger harpists, maybe show me some stuff you know. =D

    -Candy

    in reply to: Making CDs #147856
    HBrock25
    Participant

    What do people usually play for “3-a One Classical” piece?

    Naderman? Dussek? Pescetti? Are there other choices? A piece of moderate difficulty (not as hard/risky as pescetti but more difficult than naderman or dussek maybe)?

    in reply to: Piano and Harp duo #147256
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hello, Does anyone know where I can find the sheet music score for J.L. Dussek’s Op. 38, “Duo for harp, piano & horn ad
    libitum”? I have found recordings of it, I found the harp part online (for free), but I cannot find the piano or horn parts. Would LOVE to be able to get hold of all the parts for this piece.

    in reply to: Contemporary wedding music #146774
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I’m fortunate to get a lot of interesting and special requests (I find it fun and a challenge to learn new music/arrange for the harp), so here’s a list of songs that I’ve played for weddings are a bit different than the usual traditional pieces:

    O from Cirque du Soleil
    Feather Theme from Forrest Gump
    Lucky by Jason Mraz
    I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
    Fireflies by Owl City
    stuff from Japanese Anime, including Eyes on Me from Final Fantasy (which is pretty old, but there’s other requests for Final Fantasy music as well as other anime like Porcu Russo)
    The Ludlows from Legends of the Fall
    Over the Rainbow, Iz’s version, which I blend along with Wonderful World and sometimes I’m Yours
    River Flows in You by Yurumi, plus other requests from Asian artists
    …and requests of music from movies such as Amelie (try arranging accordion music for the harp!), Juno, etc.

    There’s more but I’ll let others chime in.

    in reply to: Horngacher harp #146132
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I am sorry, but a Camac, made of carbon fiber, can in no way be compared to a Horngacher. Horngacher are top instruments, nothing to do with the name but the 800-900hours of work that go into each instrument, not being churned out of a factory. These 2 instruments should not, and I believe, cannot be compared.

    in reply to: University teachers/private lessons #147978
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I guess that a good harp lessons from the university or from private people or person can help you out big time. I just hope that things would work out well as you would be able to really show off the skills there.

    in reply to: Teacher in NC #83271
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I am a teacher in the Charlotte area. Please give me call if you would like to discus lessons.

    Nicole McAllister

    980-395-9664

    http://www.nlmharp.com

    in reply to: Dale Barco #148003
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hello.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 365 total)