harpcolumn

Teenage harpists!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Teenage harpists!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Christine

Hi,

This is my first post!

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

Welcome to HarpColumn, Christine –

You’re lucky to live in Scotland because there is a very exciting harp scene there.

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

“Clarsach” is another name for lever harp.

Christine

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for your reply, I’m in the North-East (aka the least harpy area!!)

Yeah, I’m a member of the Clarsach Society and always go to the Edinburgh International Harp Festival which is AMAZING (I would throughly recommend it to anyone by the way!)

There just doesn’t seem to be many people my age playing the harp, plus its really interesting to get to know people from other countries and see what it’s like over there! :-)

Nice speaking to you,

Christine x

unknown-user
    Participant

Hey Christine,

This is my post as well. I’m 17 from VA. I play lever harp, well starting to anyway. I have my first real recital in Dec.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hey Christine,

I play harp as well, except I’m 13 and have been playing for about 4 years.

unknown-user
    Participant

im a teenager from the US. you should

zach-hatcher
    Participant

hey glad to know there are others of the harp clan around the world.
    Zach

Fien Barnett-Neefs
    Participant

Harpist in England says hi. (;

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Hi from Adelaide in Australia – there are only a couple of young harpists in this city too

natalie-g
    Participant

I’m 14 and a beginner lever harpist from New Orleans.
    Scotland sounds like a lovely place! I’m sure there are other teenage harpists around, maybe hiding!
    There’s a small amount in my city, but I’ve only personally met one other teenage harpist and for only about five minutes, haha.
    Glad to hear there are more of us around the globe!~

elly-mccabe
    Participant

Hi Christine and everyone. 😀
    This is my first post too, I’m almost 18, live in Bristol, England and have been playing my lovely little 22 string lever harp since this January. Considering I’m self-taught, it’s going well, and now my life seems to revolve around harp! I’m so jealous of you playing a pedal harp. I’m getting a Camac DHC 36 string electro harp this week, I am so excited!

If yourself or anyone fancies chatting I’m really friendly and would love to chat about all things harpy at ellymccabe@rocketmail.com

hopefully speak to some of you soon!
    Also, have any of you heard of Erika Kelly? She’s been playing harp for 11 years and has some amazing YouTube videos up, she did an awesome cover of Lady Gaga’s paparazzi and Bruno Mars’ Lazy Song, you should check her out. 🙂

E x

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hi Christine!

I’m from the California in the US, 19 yrs old. Been playing for about a year and a half on the lever and am LOVING it. Hoping to move up to pedal harp soon. Kinda sucks that there aren’t really any harpists around my area in my age range. Would love to get in touch with some younger harpists, maybe show me some stuff you know. =D

-Candy

joseph-pagani
    Participant

Hi Christine!!

I’m 17 from New York, I’ve been playing harp for about 4 years now and actually because my High School started a harp ensemble my freshman year, so there’s actually about 7 of us right in one school!! What’s your email, love to keep in touch with other harp players, especially from other countries!

Joe

phoebe-levien
    Participant

Hello!

This is also my first post 😀

I’m 15 (16 in October) and I’m from Dorset in South West England. Sadly, my area lacks in anything to do with harps, so it’s quite hard sometimes! I play the lever (Celtic) harp, and have only been playing for about 2 years.

It would be awesome to speak to some other harpists around my own age ~ I can’t seem to find them very often!!!

Phoebe 😀 xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.