Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
HBrock25
ParticipantHere it’s possible to here my own reconstruction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NdYeeusqHY
best wishes,
Diego
HBrock25
ParticipantHi Lindsay!
Sorry for the late reply…I just happened to be reading the forums tonight!
I work at Dusty Strings, and we rent lever harps–in a pinch, we would be happy to rent you one.
HBrock25
ParticipantHave you tried Eilidh McRae? Have a look her website
HBrock25
ParticipantI just bought camac hermine for my 7 and 9 years old girls. And they love it very much. The sound is nice and the size is perfect for them.
HBrock25
Participantyou can try this site http://www.thewebpole.com/
HBrock25
ParticipantI play second harp in the National Symphony and last week we did a concert opening with Webern Im Sommerwind, then the Golijov “She Was Here,” and after intermission Mahler 4. Soloist was Dawn Upshaw. The Golijov had just one harp part, but I assisted since there are two harps in the Webern. It is a beautiful setting of four Schubert songs, with a very prominent harp part. The opening is very sparkly with repeated patterns in the harp and celeste–this part is not sight-readable and would need some practice. The rest of the work is very playable, and fun and beautiful. The harp part is very prominent and exposed.
HBrock25
ParticipantOnly 50 something harpists turned up for the audition. Lyric had three days of audition and only advanced 6 harpists from the first two days.
HBrock25
ParticipantThere were over 150 harpists who applied for this position! There were six finalists-Lynn Williams, Maria Luisa Rayan, Andrea Mumm, Cheryl Losey, Ben Melsky, and Julie Smith.Julie was offered the position, Lynn Williams 1st Runner up (and has now been hired), and Cheryl Losey was 2nd Runner up. Congrats to all!
HBrock25
ParticipantJulie Smith turned down the job and Marguerite
HBrock25
ParticipantMy friend has the EMS one and it is beautiful to look at and it sounds nice as well. The carmac is beautful and sounds wonderful. The rivanna is a beautful harp and I am after the 34 string as my Harp tutor said it is really good for the price.
I would buy the EMS one as you will own that and it is a nice Harp.
Helen
HBrock25
Participant6 harpists in the finals.
The harpist offered the position has not accepted or rejected yet. They probably want to keep this information quiet until they decide.
HBrock25
ParticipantThank you very much, but you know, it’s just because of this Erard harp !
This instrument makes everything !HBrock25
ParticipantGlad to hear that I am not the only one starting “later.” I’ll be 65 in August, and my first harp arrives next Tuesday —– JimJ
HBrock25
ParticipantЗдравствуйте Инна!
Очень рады, что Вы исполните концерт Глиэра в Хайфе 3 апреля! Будет ли видео запись?
Если Вам нужна ещё информация про Глиэра – спрашивайте меня по kirglobal@gmail.com
Я до 9 апреля в Нью-Йорке, вчера вернулся из Бостона.
Кирилл Новосельский-Глиэр,
правнук композитораHBrock25
ParticipantHi, Liesl,
I began with the Sylvia Woods book, and then moved over to the Pamela Bruner books.
-
AuthorPosts