harpcolumn

Piano and Harp duo

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Piano and Harp duo

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    wendy-willis
    Participant

Cherwyn,

Where did you get the piano part for Ennanga?

unknown-user
    Participant

How about finding a piece for two harps and making the pianist arrange the harp part for himself.

unknown-user
    Participant

My harpist friend and I adapted a Jill Justice arrangement for Lever and Pedal Harp Duet of As The Deer (1984 Maranatha Praise, Inc). We also played a Daniel Burton arrangement of Amazing Grace for harp and piano (2001 Jubal Press)

When I heard the Debussy Danses performed by Grete Wangensteen and William Wangensteen, it was then that I understoond how beautiful and compatible the harp and piano could be. That was because he played the piano with such sensitivity-as though he was playing Debussy-that it enhanced the harp rather than obliterate it. If only all pianists could so modulate their touch. Perhaps it takes a fine pianist to adapt his tone to whatever instrument he is accompanying, or a fine father.

julia-reth
    Participant

There are some very nice pieces of Ferdinand Ries, who was a pupil of Beethoven and copied his style.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hello, Does anyone know where I can find the sheet music score for J.L. Dussek’s Op. 38, “Duo for harp, piano & horn ad
    libitum”? I have found recordings of it, I found the harp part online (for free), but I cannot find the piano or horn parts. Would LOVE to be able to get hold of all the parts for this piece.

I think the harp and piano duos by Henri Zagwijn will be right up your alley. Alice Giles and her husband recorded one of them, “the Seasons”. There is another one called “Mystere”. Reynaldo Hahn’s “Prelude, Waltz and Rigaudon” is very chromatic, but fun.

zach-hatcher
    Participant

one of my favorites is the Bazeliare Fantasiestuck
    http://www.archive.org/stream/fantasiestckpo00baze2#page/n1/mode/2up
    that is the score and just look up bazeliare fantasiestuck on youtube to listen to it if you want

The Elegie for Harp and Piano is by Henriette Renie.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.