harpcolumn

My levers “buzz” when I play

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists My levers “buzz” when I play

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I have a Cecelia folk harp( Webster). My levers “buzz” when I play.
    So much so, that I can’t concentrate to practice. I’ve tried
    tightening the levers,but it doesn’t seem to help. Any advice?

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi, do all of your levers buzz?

unknown-user
    Participant

Great response!!^
    Some of my levers buzz also:(

unknown-user
    Participant

This is interesting.

unknown-user
    Participant

There are many reasons for buzzing levers.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

WOW I know these posts were a while ago, but I’m facing the same problem with my harp. I live in India so you can only imagine my situation with the climate not being too kind, but I have been managing fine. It’s not that bad actually. For my harp, the buzzing started first with just one string and then as time went by more strings started buzzing and I could not understand why. A bigger limitation for me is the fact that India has no harp makers or retailers who can help me out. I’m on my own here, so websites like these really help me out.
    Luckily for me all my compositions don’t allow me to use accidentals so for the stings that buzz with the levers on it I just keep the lever off and tune the string accordingly. But I do want to eliminate this buzz. Are there any other ways I can do this apart from the above mentioned.
    Thank you all so much
    Anushka Lewis
    http://soundcloud.com/nushlewis

dave-lynch
    Participant

The first thing I would check is the contact point between the lever and the string.

shelby-m
    Participant

This may or may not be helpful, but my harp teacher really likes to rip into the harp when he’s playing and this causes the bass wires to buzz against the levers (when the levers are and aren’t engaged). Eventually, he just took off his lowest C lever (and maybe the D, too, I can’t remember) and his buzzing problem went away.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.