unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,876 through 4,890 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150165
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m getting married in June and would love to have the sheet the music to The Princess Bride, also.

    in reply to: Looking for Harp T-shirts!!~~ #167925
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There was a Lyon and Healy harp t-shirt that wasn’t too bad but I’m not sure if it’s available;

    in reply to: Dry fingers vs. solid sound #89436
    unknown-user
    Participant

    How exciting that you have started playing harp again! That is wonderful!

    While you may not be able to get the best sound out of your harp right now, I believe that after you’ve been playing again for a few months, it could get better. And because of your degenerative joint disease, you may not be able to play such fast passages as those you did in your younger years. Most *older* harpists (who have NOT been playing consistently or have just began) cannot play such rigorous passages either. But don’t worry…there is still a TON of fabulous music out there for you to learn and enjoy. But, in a few months, if you feel like you can handle these passages again, then GO FOR IT!

    Anyway, I’m just rambling, but I just wanted to say good luck, way to go, congratulations, and happy harping’

    in reply to: camac clio? #167980
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey Katrina!
    I LOVE the Camac Clio! It is one of my most favourite harps, and I highly recommend it to you. I agree that it is a good harp for the money. I like that it is much lighter and cheaper than other pedal harps, but that is still has such an amazing sound.
    Yes, it has a double pedal mechanism, and the pedals work very smoothly and quietly. Good luck and enjoy.

    in reply to: Why a harp “method” #89327
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Here is a website from Susan Allen, called Harpers Hand Hints.

    in reply to: Opinions of Thormahlen Harps #155291
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Your answers have all been great, thank you! I was wondering about the cracks in the sound board and varnish. Could it be that the humidity was too low? Also do you need to polish your harp with wood polish.

    thanks, Heide

    in reply to: Opinions of Thormahlen Harps #155290
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Heide, If you scroll down approximately 66 postings you will find one called “crack in soundboard”.

    in reply to: Dry fingers vs. solid sound #89435
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I just wanted to add a note of thanks here to those of you who have responded to my post privately. It is very nice indeed to know that we have a supportive community here. All the suggestions made to me concerning this issue have been wonderful. I’m using harp playing mostly as therapeutic but the enjoyment of playing again cannot be put into words.

    Best regards,

    Mark

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157800
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I truly feel your pain!

    in reply to: Dry fingers vs. solid sound #89434
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for your response. I was taught Renie in school in Paris originally but now I’m having to use much more of the sides than I remember from lessons many years ago. It may be that I just have to play enough months to rebuild calous tissue on my fingers but I wanted to get some expert opinions.

    All the best,

    Mark

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150164
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am looking for the lyrics to the theme song for The Princess Bride for my wedding. Can anyone either email it to me: aubrey_umary@hotmail.com or fax it to (605) 882-5973.
    Thanks for any help you all could give!
    Aubrey

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150163
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am getting married in aug. and need the sheet music for The Princess Bride. If ANYONE has it please let me know.

    Sara

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166297
    unknown-user
    Participant

    DIOS LES BENDIGA A CADA UNO DE LOS QUE VISITAN ESTA PAGINA.

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150162
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Help!

    in reply to: favorite pieces #168026
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I love “Legende” by Renie. It’s a beautiful piece but very, very hard. And I
    know some harpists are going to flinch when I say this but I love the Variations
    on the theme “Carneval of Venice” it’s sooo nice! It’s also really fun to play.
    (Once you know the notes hehe)
    I have a lot of favorite pieces..it’s actually always changing depending on
    what I’m playing. Alas, I don’t think I’ll ever like the Nadermann sonatas.
    (played 6 of 7, all movements in a time span of 1 1/2 years-I never want to
    play them again!) I also adore the 3rd movement of the ditterdorf concerto!
    AH! too many pieces to list up!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,876 through 4,890 (of 5,570 total)