unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,861 through 4,875 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150169
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am also looking for the sheet music for the theme to the Princess Bride.

    in reply to: Setting up a studio & acquiring students? #89425
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Julie,

    It’s been a couple months since you posted your question with no response but I’ll try to share what I did and hopefully it’ll give you a few ideas!

    in reply to: Setting up a studio & acquiring students? #89426
    unknown-user
    Participant

    In my area, the intermediate and high school orchestras have been a great place for me to acquire new students.

    in reply to: Looking for a harp teacher in Sacramento, CA #167922
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Elisabeth, Have you found a teacher in this area?

    in reply to: Looking for Harp T-shirts!!~~ #167929
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Try the Harpwear Store, http://www.harpwear.com.

    in reply to: Harp for a 9 year old. #168005
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Our daughter had been talking about learning the harp from when she was 8. When she turned 10, she began lessons (her teacher does not teach children under 10)and needed a harp. We, too, were in a quandary as to what to do, particularly since we weren’t sure she’d stay with it.

    You might try our solution if you (or someone close to you) is handy with woodworking…build a harp from a kit! We ordered the Studio Harp from Musicmaker’s Kits(www.musikit.com) and I assembled and finished it in two weekends. The kit is $499, and I’d recommend the “long legs” and “pre-drilled” options. I added levers, which increased the price but also the versatility. It’s a sturdy instrument, the company uses it in their local rental program.

    She took lessons for almost a year on that harp before she moved to a pedal harp. She’s 16 now and has a L&H 85CG and an 85P. However, she still gets use out of the kit harp. She performs with a local theater group during the summer and has played that harp in productions of Romeo and Juliet and Twelfth Night.

    Hope this was helpful, Patrick. If you’re still looking for a solution, good luck. If you’ve found an answer, congratulations!

    Fred

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150168
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I too am looking for the sheet music for the instrumental version of The Princess Bride Storybook Love.

    in reply to: Gu Zheng Chinese harp #74972
    unknown-user
    Participant

    well ya c…it’z easy..i hav been taking classes for 2 years..and i bought my gu zheng for…200 dollars…it’z tuning yes…and it’z not hard…i luv it…i fly to Guangzhou China every week…just for classes

    in reply to: harp teacher !! #168015
    unknown-user
    Participant

    check here: http://www.divineharp.com

    Alyssa is a wonderfully friendly harpist and incredibly talented.

    in reply to: Opinions of Thormahlen Harps #155292
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Heide!

    In response to whether humidity is the reason for cracking.

    in reply to: camac clio? #167981
    unknown-user
    Participant

    thanks for you quick replies! I was at first worried it might have “simple pedal”
    mechanism like a tirolean harp, because it’s so cheap. Well, it’ll probably be
    another 6 months or more before I have enough money saved up for it. well
    something to aim for!

    in reply to: Harp Teacher near Reading in Berkshire England #89449
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I will be on visitng England during June.

    in reply to: Dry fingers vs. solid sound #89437
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks to everyone who has replied. I’ve found that some of my concern was needless. After practicing around four hours a day for the past two weeks my sound has starting getting much clearer and I’m finding things coming back to me regarding hand position that I had forgotten. I’m very surprised at how much this playing has helped my joints. Goodness! Someone should let the Medical Professionals know what wonderful therapy this is. I guess the old attage still stands, practice, practice, practice! I’m certainly reaping the profits from it now. I have my first television performance coming up next week and I’m actually feeling very excited about it now that things are falling back into shape.

    All the best,

    Mark

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150166
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Please, please, please. If anyone who has the sheet music could forward it to me, I would be sooo eternally grateful. I have searched everywhere and I’m exausted. I really would love this piece for my wedding in Nov. Thanks.
    Oneith
    cooljam78@hotmail.com

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150167
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Okay, this may or may not be useful. But I found this program called MidiNotate. You can download a free trial version of it at http://www.midinotate.com – it downloads midi files and WRITES the Sheet music for them. A decent midi I found is at:

    http://www.midipapa.de/MIDIs/DocDoc/Princess_Bride_-_Story_Book_Love_-Mark_Knopfler_And_Willy_DeVille.mid

    It writes 42 pages of sheet music. I’m not a musician, so i have no idea of the quaility, but it’s better than nothing.

    Good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,861 through 4,875 (of 5,570 total)