unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,891 through 4,905 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: harp students wanted (in westchester, ny area) #89236
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Are you available to play at a wedding ceremony in White Plains, NY on June 12, 2004?

    in reply to: How old were you when you started playing the harp? #166192
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I was 12 when I started with the folk harp from Veracruz, Mexico, and I was playing in restaurants at 15. You can see this instrument and hear tracks at my website, http://www.elsondelpueblo.com and you can see the Paraguayan harps that I import and sell at http://www.buenaventurafolkharps.com.
    John Robles
    Ventura, CA

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166295
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Que bien que mas arpistas estan contestando, sigan ablando!!!!!

    in reply to: Opinions of Thormahlen Harps #155288
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Heide!

    I’ve been playing the harp for a year–started on a Pakistani or “ghetto harp” and about a month later, bought a rosewood Thormahlen Swan with gut strings.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166293
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hola,soy una estudiante de arpa de sevilla(espa?a),me gustaria contactar con arpistas de todo el mundo para intercambiar conocimientos,partituras etc…mi e-mail es rosa_diaz_cotan@hotmail.com .tengo 17 a?os y llevo 10 a?os tocando el arpa,agradezco cualquier consejo o amistad relaccionada con el mundo del arpa.un saludo.espero respuestas

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166294
    unknown-user
    Participant

    q tal rosa? supongo q nos conopcemos y queria agradecerte el haber escrito. thanks

    in reply to: how much do you charge? #167960
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am 17 years old and accepted to study at the Eastman School of Music in September 2004.

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150161
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If you have this music PLEASE help me out by emailing me at keithangie1997@yahoo.com or fax at 217.627.3503. A past student is getting married in June and cannot find it. Thanks!

    in reply to: Teaching Adults Students #89463
    unknown-user
    Participant

    All of these posts have been very worthwhile reading for me as an adult student who has found herself more than once on the teaching end for an adult student.

    in reply to: Big decision! #168008
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Interlochen Arts Camp provides a fantastic opportunity to play orchestral repertoire.

    in reply to: Big decision! #168009
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Emily!

    in reply to: Big decision! #168010
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh and one more thing, lessons! During your 2 week stay you
    recieve several lessons. Both instructors (Kim Rowe and Susan
    Bennett Brady) are wonderfull! I took from Kim for 2 years and
    improved a HUGE amount under her instruction. Last year I took
    from Susan during the seminar who is one of the best teachers I
    have taken from. Both teachers are AMAZING and you get to take
    a masterclass with the teacher that you are not taking from
    during the seminar.

    in reply to: ensemble music repertoire #89467
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My ensemble group of beginning and intermediate players is using:

    Songs and Carols for Two by Jane B. Weidensaul.

    in reply to: How to deal: Rude Brides #167970
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hehe very well put, Alicia! You took the words out of my mouth! (well….in a nicer way! ;-) )

    And that bride (sorry to say) is not only rude but seems just a tad bit stupid to me. I mean,
    isn’t it dodgy if a haprist is willing to do that much for only $75????? hm….

    in reply to: Big decision! #168007
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I would choose the oone that has the most oppurtunites to play with good teachers and
    which has a good reputation. For more musicality I would definately go to the Interlochen
    Summer Camp because in such a long period of time you can really gain a lot. They all
    sound pretty good to me, it lies mainly by yourself, which you feel is the best, concerning
    how many people get accepted and the teachers and reputation and such.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,891 through 4,905 (of 5,570 total)