unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Cat problems #167450
    unknown-user
    Participant

    You could try a strip of double-sided sticky tape on the strings.

    in reply to: Cat problems #167451
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carl!!!

    in reply to: Cat problems #167454
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’ve got the same problem with my cat.

    in reply to: Cat problems #167456
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I do have to supervise my cats when I’m in the harp room and never let them in there by themselves.

    in reply to: Any young harpist have aim? #166930
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey! My name is Serina, i’d

    in reply to: Check it out…Joanna Newsom #167656
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I finally heard some Joanna Newsom. I was in an art supply store and they were playing a tape. Her harp playing was very interesting, very creative and musical. Her voice was worse than Phoebe on “Friends”. And the lyrics: chew and chew and chew and chew

    in reply to: confused.. #166916
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Learn the harp. Definitely. You will love it, and I don’t understand why it is not more popular. However, be very prudent and do a TON of research. Get a teacher if possible, as hand problems sometimes develop if you play the wrong way too long. Even if you can only have a lesson once a month, or even once in your harping career, try to get one. Also, the thread “buying first harp” is a very useful one for selecting your harp.

    in reply to: Like the “Star of the County Down”?/pen pal? #167649
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Another beautiful, haunting Welsh tune is “Aberystwyth.” And you have almost certainly heard “Loch Lomond.” If you have not, it is easy to find midis, mp3s, etc. of it.

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144942
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well, I never even considered the possibility of odor, not to mention nail and skin fungus contagion. Yecch! I guess Victoria doesn’t have too many secrets now. What gets me is when people who are exceptional and happy to be so, expect to be taken as the rule, rather than simply revel in their exceptionality. If I were playing for a wedding on a beach, I probably would do it barefoot. If I played honkytonk harp, I might wear something suitable for that. I was nearly drugged and dressed up to be forced to play in a drag show in Provincetown once. Who knows what I would have woken up to find myself wearing?

    in reply to: Pop Music Harp Licks #167318
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Who did the harp parts in a song called “Aurora” by Bj?rk? Also, who is the harpist that
    played “Fluffy’s Harp” from the movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone?

    in reply to: Lever Problem #167618
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I don’t think leaving levers up, for a long time, is particularly a problem.

    in reply to: megan harp #156299
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sylvie,
    How’s it going with your harp? Have you got it yet? Any problems so far?
    -New Harpist

    And to Zen –
    My comment about gold-leaf pedal harps wasn’t directed at you, merely making a point. My apologies if you were offeneded.

    in reply to: Harp Lessons in auckland, New Zealand #156257
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Sarah!
    I live in Auckland as well and I just started taking up lessons as well…:)
    I take my lessons from Ms. Sherry Shelton who lives in Devonport
    whom I find absolutely lovely and an excellent teacher as well..!
    Hope that helped..

    Regards,
    Clara

    in reply to: Youth Orchestras in Massachusets Area #167422
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi! I think that it is really funny what the people write about punctuation on a harp site. I’m 15 years old and I play the harp since one and a half year. At the moment I’m practising Mozarts harp concert. Did you play the cadence of the second phrase Adantino? I would be glad if you write back.
    MFG

    in reply to: Youth Orchestras in Massachusets Area #167423
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I completely aggree with you Christina. The only thing is, I don’t think “funny” is the word. Oh well.

    Hey, that’s great that you’re already working on some, “Serious Harp Rep” after just playing one and-a-half years! I play a cadenza by Carl Reincke (sp?) for each movement of the Mozart. It’s nice, becuase there’s so much flute in the actual composition itself, and Reincke’s cadenzas really lets the harp shine (I played the Mozart Concerto with orchestra this past summer, and played the Reincke Cadenzas).

Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 5,570 total)