unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,381 through 4,395 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Any young harpists want to chat? #167516
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hey my name is chelsea and i have been playing the harp for 1 yeAR AND i think i am pretty good

    in reply to: Hello #167659
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi! This year I had a competition, too. I had to play 20 minutes. I had to learn all pieces by harp. I didn’t learned them by heart. I played this pieces very often and so I memorized them any time. My tip: Practice very much. And you will wonder, try to play them without partition. If you can’t remember some notes look them up. Good luck
    Christina

    in reply to: Any young harpist have aim? #166929
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi!!! I’m 15 years old. And I’m playing the harp since one and a half year. Where are you from? I’m from Germany. My hometown is Bonn. I would be glad if you write back.
    Christina

    ;-)

    PS: Sorry, my English isn’t very good.

    in reply to: Pilgrim Harp on ebay #75283
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I sure am glad I tried to find some information in Google about the ‘Tsinghai Pedal Harp’ and got a link to this site.

    in reply to: have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses? #151364
    unknown-user
    Participant

    i am an icu and cath lab nurse for the last

    in reply to: Lever Problem #167617
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I meant over 24 hours too (in addition to the long pieces, of course)!
    No problem. -Aubrey

    in reply to: Student overcommitment–advice? #89217
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m an adult student who has accepted opportunities to play at my church and am also in an Harp Choir outside of my regular private lessons.

    in reply to: have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses? #151363
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Excellent response Sean!

    in reply to: Policy on Missed Lessons? #89047
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It sounds good. You might even switch to a semester registration calendar with lessons paid up front or in a few installments. You wouldn’t them to miss their first lesson of the month and not get your check. I also like how dance studios issue for example, 10-class cards that must be used within two months.

    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think that the Salvi Ana and the L&H Prelude are both good harps.

    in reply to: February 27th, Philadelphia Recital and Workshop #89219
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry, the website is not updated. The concert is at 3:00 p.m. Sunday, the 27th of February, at Chestnut Hill Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia. Ticket prices have not been announced yet.

    in reply to: Bad teacher? #89225
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Try this: make certain your fingertips touch your palms when you play.

    in reply to: Have you had good responses from harplessons.com? #89228
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Of course. Let’s consider the question corrected.

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157816
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I used Neutrogena until the problem cleared up and now use Vaseline
    Intensive Care Hand & Body lotion (yellow bottle) to keep dryness away. Last thing at night and a few times during the day. The skin has
    healed and no more cracked fingers…..

    in reply to: Youth Orchestras in Massachusets Area #167421
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I thought it was clear that I brought up the punktuation n stuff it were because when auditioning, everything gets considerd; If you play with the same brilliance as the next harpist and they typed their application and you for example, hand-wrote it, they might choose the other harpist. You mentioned the orchestras I always heard about from Boston. The music teacher in your school or the school district music department should have a complete list, I would think. Good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,381 through 4,395 (of 5,570 total)