unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,351 through 4,365 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Any Harp Singers out there? #147161
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Emily Mitchell has performed as such, and so does Osian Ellis. I don’t know how, as it is indeed difficult to support and project your voice while sitting behind a harp. Why not collaborate with a singer instead?

    in reply to: Any Harp Singers out there? #147162
    unknown-user
    Participant

    HI!
    I sing and play harp. It takes a while to get the hand of it…you really have to have the chords in your fingers and have the song in your “body” :). Sounds a little hoke-y, but works. I usually sing sitting down, but have done some gigs with a harpsicle standing up.
    I am primarily a harpist, not a singer. I have studied North Indian classical singing instead of Western and they sing sitting down. Maybe that method would help?

    all the best in noise,
    mia
    http://www.harpgrrl.com

    in reply to: Cat problems #167472
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for your suggestions… or lack there of. My kitty, Gracie, has been pretty good about not chewing the strings lately. I’ve swatted her a few times, the problem still remains that she is daring enough to try and chew while I am playing! And why I can’t cover it is because she will try to climb up whatever is covering it. So far I’ve tried to be in the room with her if she was anywhere near my harp, or just not let her into the room where it was. But every once in a while she’ll go for it again. I hope to break her of this as soon as I can. But hey, she is still in the teething stage of her kittenhood, if there is such a thing as a kittenhood. My other kitty, Nikita, just loves to listen to the harp when I am playing it. She’ll curl up next to me and listen and purr her little heart out until I’ve finished. Nice to know someone appreciates my music! Anyway, thanks again!
    ~Serina

    in reply to: Cat problems #167473
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Serina,

    in reply to: Cat problems #167469
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Aw, who knew harpists could be so violent. Maybe I should get Fluffy lipo-suction and make gut strings out of his fat. He sure could use it.

    *Proudly typing this message at 12:26 in the afternoon!*
    ;-)

    in reply to: Cat problems #167463
    unknown-user
    Participant

    ……

    …..”Crap”?? Is it really such a bad word to say? o_O..

    Sorry, Serina, I don’t have an answer to that… I have two dogs, but they stay in the
    (almost?) finished basement downstairs, because a few family members that come over are
    highly allergic to dogs. I don’t have any cats, so I can’t say that I’ve gone through that
    experience.

    I looked on Petsmart.com for some cat repellant stuff.. I don’t know if any of this is safe
    around a harp, but it’s worth looking into, I think:

    http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_list.jsp?
    FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025622&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302
    023690&bmUID=1108772915740

    Oh; And, don’t worry Carl, I burst out laughing when I read “yea. Damaga the kitty!”

    in reply to: Cat problems #167464
    unknown-user
    Participant

    “Maybe you should try giving the cat a beta blocker. Oops…am I pushing pills again??? Or how ’bout a banana?? That’s NATURAL! OH GOSH!!!!!!! I’ve got the wrong thread here!!! “

    My, my, Carl did we get our feelings hurt?

    Haha, kidding, kidding. Anyhoo!

    When I got my Troubadour many a year back, my cat lurrved going near it and pawing it and doing all other assorted things to it. I sorta shooed him off when he did, and after a few times, it worked.the only rooms we have doors on in our house is bathrooms and bedrooms, so shutting the door wasn’t really an option. And I can only imagine what my Fluffy might do to citrus potpourri. Yes Fluffy the BOY cat. He is the pourod owner of 25 pounds of FAT and his belly rubs against the ground when we walks. :-)

    And boys, what ARE we doing on the harpcolumn at midnight, at 4:30 am? tisk tisk children, curfew.

    KIDDING

    good Lord.

    in reply to: Cat problems #167466
    unknown-user
    Participant

    +++This is longer than the Salzedo vs. Grandjany fistfight!!+++

    and more violent.

    Carl, don’t just damage the kitty. DESTROY it. Remove its pestilence from the earth. Leave not its charred remains upon the sacred soil of this planet, but hurl them as far as is within human ability from us, that they may no longer terrify and rule over the creatures of this satellite of Sol. (that sufficiently prosey for 11:46 P.M.?)

    P.S. Large caliber rifles seem to be most effective, though a small minority espouses the “pack of rabid dogs” tactic. Banjo-playing also works well.

    Just kidding. I actually like cats pretty well, which is good since we have 6 of them.

    in reply to: Cat problems #167467
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank god that insanity prevails upon this planet!

    in reply to: im buddy? #167567
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey girlies, I’m Andrea, I’m 16, I’ve been playing the harp for eleven years, wow, that makes me sound really old, anyway, My IM is: LovingNeverland, talk at me sometime I would love to hear from you!

    in reply to: lever harp music with special harp effects #89119
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi!

    There are several Bernard Andres pieces with cool effects.

    in reply to: Teacher in Mississippi #89198
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Shirley – I live down here on the Coast in Pass Christian. We have a Gulf

    Coast Harp Club here and I will ask the other women in our club if they know

    of anyone ‘up north’ who is teaching. In the meantine call the music dept at

    USM. They are a great resource. Also you are welcomed to join us if you are

    ever in the area. We are a bunch of middle agers who just have fun playing

    harp together. All levels are welcomed. Good luck.

    Kat

    in reply to: Cat problems #167458
    unknown-user
    Participant

    my cats and dog seem to gravitate toward the music room when I play.

    in reply to: Cat problems #167459
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry Carl,

    in reply to: Cheap pedal harps? #68429
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There probably is no such thing as a cheap pedal harp. I have owned a L&H style 30 and a

    Salvi Diana, both of which I loved. When I finally got it together to start looking a new

    harp, an acquaintance suggested that I look at Aoyamas and Camacs. She maintained that

    in recent years L&H and Salvi quality has declined as prices have escalated.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,351 through 4,365 (of 5,570 total)