unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,291 through 4,305 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: what kind of harp shall i buy ? #167591
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi. Thats great that you want to start playing harp. I just started taking lessons and mine are $35 per hour and $45 to rent per month. Also she has me starting on a lever harp so if I want to move up to pedal (more classical, church, ect.) music I can, or if I want to stay on lever or folk harp music. I hope that helped. Good luck!

    in reply to: Ballet and harp… #167597
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have been doing ballet since I was seven and have been taking harp for a few months now. I love doing both and have a hard time choosing between one or the other. As long as you arn’t stressed out in school, ect. because of your outside activities I totally recomend doing both. Plus if one carear is not looking bright in the future you have a back up and you wont have regrets when you get older.

    in reply to: Lever or Pedal??? #167602
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Stephanie. I just started playing harp and my teacher started me on a lever harp. They are a lot cheeper for the parents who are renting it and in the beginning of learning you don’t really need the pedals anyway. I would definately start with lever but make sure if you are planing on switching to pedal you begin with a lever harp with the same tension and string spacing. Hope that helped. P.S. I am 13 too and after just one lesson I fell in love with the harp. Good Luck!

    in reply to: Ginastera Harp Concerto #146031
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Ruth

    in reply to: Prokofieff Violin Concerto No. 1 #146426
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, i playep this piese a lot and found in this place in 2nd mv.- just play as it come-learn it by heart and play as fast as you can.And ather place-end of 1st mv at n21-play all with right hand for the best resolts.good luck,Julia,IPO

    in reply to: So who else is doing the AHS Competition this year? #167406
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Doing my tape is going to be a complete pain in the caboose. I’m really technologically uninclined, and dont have loads of money to spen don a profesional. I’m just going to use a regular boom box to record. If it’s not good enough, then oh well, I can’t afford anything better.

    in reply to: How to clean guilding #73819
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Exactly what is burnishing?

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157820
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have had a problem with splitting fingers and thumbs for several years now.

    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’D LIKE TO FIND MY FREIND…SHE IS A AMAZING HARPIST…(NADIA PESSOA)
    MY NAME IS EDNALDO QUEIROZ (FROM BRAZIL)…CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

    in reply to: Good Teachers #89188
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I agree also with the above responces. But I have found it very difficult to find any harp teacher, let alone a good harp teacher as I live in a very rural area. If it weren’t for my husband who is a good music teacher, and professional musician, I would have stopped playing the harp altogether, even though I have the great desire to learn to play well. He can help with theory, reading, etc., but he would be the first to say he is not a harp teacher, and that I need one for learning good technique. I agree. For the past 2 1/2 years that I have been playing, I have traveled great distances, and paid good money for lessons. Although it was expressed that they would be happy to teach an adult beginner, it had become quite clear that they would prefer teaching concert material students as to continue their lineage. I was going to search for a new teacher this spring, but due to many bad experiences, and failing confidence, I have decided to proceed on my own. I am also out of resources for reccomendations too. So, for me it would be important for a teacher to be sincere in saying they want to teach adult beginners, be prepared for class as I have done, encouraging, provide playing out experiences as well as teaching good technique. CeCe Nelson

    in reply to: Lever Problem #167621
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh. Know what? Around the time when I first got the harp, I think I might have tuned those
    strings, simply forgetting the levers were still up, which might have caused the strings to
    shift and fray. =|

    in reply to: sharpsicle query #68810
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I would have never recommended something I had not seen in person.

    in reply to: How to clean guilding #73816
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’ve only been playing the harp for 2 1/2 years now. I am now a stay at home mom with my 7 yr. old son who has autism, who is showing an interest in playing the harp. My previous experience, and passion has been art history/conservation/museum studies.

    in reply to: Harp teachers & rentals near Wayne, PA? #163203
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have a Troubador harp which I could rent to a student.

    in reply to: Betty Paret #89193
    unknown-user
    Participant

    She was a student of Marcel Grandjany, I believe. She lived in

    Lloyd Harbor (near Huntington), NY, on the North Shore of LI

    through the 1950s. I was, briefly, her student. She was a fine

    musician although I fear I provided little credit to her teaching

    skills. No fault of hers whatsoever.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,291 through 4,305 (of 5,570 total)