harpcolumn

Which college or conservatory offers the best instructor of the Grandjany technique?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Which college or conservatory offers the best instructor of the Grandjany technique?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

There are several instructors teaching who have Grandjany training. Kathleen Bride (Eastman School of Music) and Marcella DeCray (San Francisco Conservatory) both studied with Grandjany, and Susann McDonald (Indiana University) studied with Henriette Renie, Grandjany’s teacher, and later succeeded him as harp instructor at the Juilliard school. Nancy Allen, who currently teaches at Juilliard and Yale, also studied with Grandjany. These are only a FEW of the professors who are trained in the French technique, and they are all wonderful harpists.

Nadia Pessoa

unknown-user
    Participant

Which college or conservatory has the best instructor of the Grandjany technique?

Joyce White
    Participant

Also Ruth Inglefield at Peabody studied with him and then went to the Paris Conservatory to study at his school with Pierre Jamet.

Tacye
    Participant

Have you considered looking at the European Consevatories and Colleges?

Kathleen Elarte
    Participant

A little closer to home (assuming you’re in North America) would
    be the universities & colleges in Quebec (Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa) who also have had marvellous teachers also with the Grandjany method. M. Grandjany started the Harp Dept at McGill University in Montreal some years ago. I understand he came regularly to Montreal,

Brandee Younger
    Participant

I was in the same dilemma you were but soon came to find that Manhattan School of Music and Mannes College of Music both have the same wonderful harpist, Susan Jolles, who studied with Grandjany.

Nadia Tjahja
    Participant

Erika Waardenburg is very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you can find her in the Amsterdam consevatory in Holland

(you have to practice very hard and good and she will reward you with the best technique)

unknown-user
    Participant

Gretchan Van Hoeson is a wonderful teacher who studied with Grandjany at Julliard.
    She teaches in Pittsburgh at Carnegie Mellon Uni. and Duquesne.

unknown-user
    Participant

I’D LIKE TO FIND MY FREIND…SHE IS A AMAZING HARPIST…(NADIA PESSOA)
    MY NAME IS EDNALDO QUEIROZ (FROM BRAZIL)…CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.