harpcolumn

sharpsicle query

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories sharpsicle query

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hi, I’m thinking about buying a sharpsicle as a second harp but as I

live in New Zealand I have no way of being able to listen to one to

hear what they sound like and was wondering if anyone who owns one

can elaborate for me on their sound or if anyone has a sound file

that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mags

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

I personally didn’t care for the sound of the one Harpsicle I’ve ever
    had the opportunity to play.

unknown-user
    Participant

I couldn’t disagree more with Zen.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have found with the harpsicles and sharpsicles that there is a big difference in sound depending on who is playing it.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

Believe me, plucking the strings is not something I’m shy about.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thank you all very much for your help with my sharpsicle query. I have heard mostly good things about them from the internet and I think it will suit my purposes as it is lightweight and easy to transport and also has a good range for a second harp.

unknown-user
    Participant

Frankly, I haven’t been that impressed with them. To my ear they sound like rubber bands

on a cigar box. If you’re looking for an inexpensive instrument, check out the harps made

by George Leverett (http://www.aroundthehearth.com/harpmaker/harps.html). I’ve played

a couple of them and was favorably impressed. The site has a sound sample so you can

hear what they sound like.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Marilyn, I have had a Harpsicle for about a year now and it has been a good sturdy little harp.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

I went and looked at this, and it has some advantages and some disadvantages.

Firstly, the expense to add levers is NOT nominal.

unknown-user
    Participant

I would have never recommended something I had not seen in person.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hey Marilyn! Fellow NewZealander here, in the Waikato area. Did you buy the sharpsicle? I’m really interested to know, I have been going back and forth all over the net this year looking for a second harp (I own a Kim Webby lever harp)Trying to find a lap harp with a decent range and levers included. Whereabouts are you? perhaps we could petition one of the bigger musical instruments shops over here to ship in this model (sharpsicle). Even if we didn’t like it they could surely find a buyer. just an idea, please do contact me: anniemaidennz@msn.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies